Best Bull names you've heard....

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":3vmqpyo0 said:
Wife likes to name ours. Right now we've got Chunky the gelbvieh, Big Sexy the herf and an angus bull I won't mention here. We were going to name him Obama, but he's not a half-breed.
"High Yeller"?? ;-)

TexasBred":1em4w2wn said:
cfpinz":1em4w2wn said:
Wife likes to name ours. Right now we've got Chunky the gelbvieh, Big Sexy the herf and an angus bull I won't mention here. We were going to name him Obama, but he's not a half-breed.
"High Yeller"?? ;-)
Mandingo?

cfpinz":1ytb4x6k said:
We actually decided on "Skillet", hope that doesn't offend anyone.

I was gonna suggest the" Kenyan". I'm still waiting to see that birth certificate.

3waycross":1foj6c7v said:
cfpinz":1foj6c7v said:

I was gonna suggest the" Kenyan". I'm still waiting to see that birth certificate.
as in ""home skillet"" couldnt name him obama anyway.. you'd have to throw his reg. papers away :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":jioh88gt said:
3waycross":jioh88gt said:
cfpinz":jioh88gt said:

as in ""home skillet"" couldnt name him obama anyway.. you'd have to throw his reg. papers away :cowboy:

Yeah, he'd probably have scurs.

I name mine from the man's name I bought them from. I've got a Braford bull name Gordon, Got him from Gorden Burchuared(? spelling) From BOSS ranch Marathon Tx. Got a Charolais bull named Wilson, from Scotty Wilson,Cookeville Tn.

When I was a kid my cousin had a huge polled hereford bull named Lucifer. He was a gentle as a lamb but we were all scared of him because of his name.

3waycross":3tlho76v said:
When I was a kid my cousin had a huge polled hereford bull named Lucifer. He was a gentle as a lamb but we were all scared of him because of his name.

I've got a cow named Lucy, for 11 months no -one would believe me why, but come calving time everybody understands...

(An uncut bull calf in these parts is known as a "mickey".) A neighbour had three yearlings called.....Prickle, Dickle and Mickle!

While employed as a ranch manager in Texas in the early 90's I renamed one of our yellow Continental bulls "Bananas." One day while still in a sling I was asked if we called him Bananas because of color. Had to tell them, "No, it was because one day he went bananas on me in the catch pen seperating my shoulder, breaking my collar bone and several ribs. Next week we are changing his name to 'Slim Jim' as that's what he will be after his trip to the sale barn."

We sure like our docile Red Angus cattle now.

D Land":vukxcvec said:
Our bull is named Lightning.

I used to have a King Rob son, a red angus, named Lightning. He was a meat wagon. I have had bulls named Wooly Bully, Pedro, Uncle Rico, Black Jack and now Atlas Jr.. Three or 4 years ago someone on this board had one named Money Shot which I thought was original and unique. I can't remember who it was but maybe they will chime in.

Its hard for me to get online these days...but boy do I enjoy when I do!! I LOVED this post...thanks to everyone who's replied:
We currently have (some of last year's bullcalves I named):
Tonguehlashed (call him Lash..when born he went to licking everything in sight.. we thought he was brain damaged!)
Lower Da Boom (call him BoomBoom...this one we're keeping as our herdsire)
Where Ya Ben (last cow to calve)
Mircacle Man
Knight Lightening (this one was born in a horrible storm and was bugg-eyed for a couple days..)
Well Worn Levis (he was the color of faded bluejeans when he was born)
Mud Puppy (had to be rescued from the edge of the pond)
We've also had, Totally Ripped, Friday Night Rerun, He Will Rock U, etc.

One of the things I love most is naming the calves... for girls here's some of the names we've used:
Lil June Bug
Kahlua N Cream (one of my favorite drinks)
Its a Little Wendy (horribly windy when she was born)
April Evening Comet (star shot across the sky when we were looking at her after she was born)
Oh Mandy (like the Barry Manilow song...mom wasn't very motherly)

Thanks for the post.. I've really enjoyed it!!

ga.prime":1nozbuy2 said:
Wisteria Farms":1nozbuy2 said:
Oh Mandy (like the Barry Manilow song...mom wasn't very motherly)
Oh Mandy, you came and you gave without taking. That's pretty cool!
Yeah...we thought so too... "and I sent you away, Oh Mandy"..
This was a first calf heifer and she didn't give two hoots about that baby... most of the time Mandy was chasing her to get dinner. We often wondered if mom even really raised her or if maybe she got her meals on the fly from the other cows (we never really caught her nursing anyone) but she was weaned today and is fat as a pig so she got it from somewhere :lol2:

Latest posts