Berseem clover

Help Support CattleToday:

regenwether

Reaction score
anyone have any luck putting this clover in a pasture. It is an annual that will put up to 150 N credits into the soil. I thought with the high price of N it might be a cheap alternative. I'm thinking of seeding it with some Italian Ryegrass this spring. When the cool-season grasses slow down (around july) I was thinking this combination might keep growing. Let me know what you think! :D

Jogeephus":qwl9hehh said:
Never tried that variety but do use clover and ryegrass mix and am well pleased with it.

My clover variety was Hubam and I am liking it. Just trying to find a clover variety for my area. The rye did good too. In the future I will overseed with more clover if this continues the way it is currently running its course.

regenwether":21gffbop said:
anyone have any luck putting this clover in a pasture. It is an annual that will put up to 150 N credits into the soil. I thought with the high price of N it might be a cheap alternative. I'm thinking of seeding it with some Italian Ryegrass this spring. When the cool-season grasses slow down (around july) I was thinking this combination might keep growing. Let me know what you think! :D

I have used the "Bigbee" variety of Berseem clover. It works well when I can get seed. I mix it with "AU Robin" crimson clover and they will keep growing throught the winter in a mild year.

Berseem clover will not bloat cows either.

We planted 20 acres of Manna Berseem preinoculated clover (said it came from Egypt on the seed tag) with oats and ryegrass a couple weeks ago. Will let you know how it turns out :) Merry Christmas! OL JR :)

Latest posts