Belted Galloway heifers vs cows

Help Support CattleToday:

When did this feature happen?
Could never do that just a couple years ago.

Heifer above is one we raised. She won World Beef, Illinois State Fair and National Junior Show

And still cannot do it from my computer.

Attach image feature is not shown on computer. It is on my cell phone.

HMMMMM?

Half blood cattle above are from Angus or Angus cross cows bred to Beltie bulls.

LLBUX":ahzgqr3r said:

When did this feature happen?
Could never do that just a couple years ago.

Heifer above is one we raised. She won World Beef, Illinois State Fair and National Junior Show

I she a full blood Beltie? Looks like it. A couple of my girls came from Sunnybrook Farm in Belvidere. Close to you?

Yes, she is purebred. We showed as a calf and sold. She was National Reserve Junior heifer as a calf and went on to win as a yearling. She calved at 25 months. 100% legitimate heifer.

I plan to flush her momma this spring and have several full sibs next year.

Sunnybrook is about 4 hours north of me near Rockford.

I am in West-Central Illinois.

I haven't had my Belties very long but they have been excellent mothers so far! I'll know more when my next 3 calve and my sample size is larger. I have some red beltie embryos due this coming fall and a few heifers to breed in the fall so I'll know more in a few years! I'm still new to the beltie world! I sure do know that my Simmis were confused when I first brought the belts home! :lol:

Well
The bred cows we were interested in turned out to be muts.
We ended up buying three yong heifers at a decent price.
They've got a bit of ringworm but are doing nicely otherwise.

:compute:
NonTypicalCPA":37ybcdv8 said:
My last bull calf went to Illinois to a breeder who was putting him with Angus cows. Said the same thing, they were a good cross. Do you have any pictures of the angus/beltie cross? I'm guessing they still retain the belt?
I have several of Angus x Belted Galloway crosses. Some has a belt but most ones doesn't have a belt. I like the cross myself, not big cows but raises big calves.

Every belted crosses can be traced all way to this cow I showed for 4H & FFA shows 18 years ago.

A nice heifer from last year.

This is the oldest cow (she's almost 17) with her 2017 bull calf. She is expecting a 2018 calf this April.

Latest posts