Belarus Tractor with Electrical problems

Help Support CattleToday:

Shorthornguy

Reaction score
Have a 1996 Belarus 800M with 24 volt start. The splitter between the batteries keeps blowing fuses. This is a known problem with this tractor. Does anyone know of an after market kit to convert this to 12 volt start. Thanks

Who do you know that has a"good idea"????
Not up to date on the 800m, but would suggest this as 2 cents worth.
First: I am not sure of what he means by "the splitter between batteries blowing fuses"
sounds as if there is a large main fuse in there, so if it is failing, better check ALL connections,
cables are good, starter for operation[ bushings/brushes/dirt] the series/parallel switch may be
failing/welded contacts, batteries not fully charged[charge voltage down= amps up], and
include the ground switch connection also.
If it the small control fuse of the series/parallel switch, check ground and condition of the switch
circuit, connections at the fuse?, not sure if same fuse runs switch and solenoid on starter? to be checked?

your Ivan and its cousins have 12 volt starters on them, and us 24 volt for starting them and 12 volt run, so assuming
that the 800 is similar, hook the batteries in parallel for 12 volts, small change in control wiring maybe.
and eliminate the series/parallel switch altogether.
Tractor will roll and start but he has to keep the batteries up and checked a bit more often for charge condition,
at times one will fail and not charge as it is running, and depending on where he taps off the 12volt control, it might
not operate the starter solenoid[ just clicks] because it has not been getting its share of output from the alternator.
works for me on my Russian princess, think we could mate our two 400's and get a 800 ?
hope it helps him
take care ok

More relays from my friend the Belarus expert.

forgot to answer your question completely on the 8oo tractor: I suspect that NAPA has access to after market stuff
in their catalogues, also the cummins detriot diesel/john deere[ industrial] and cat machines use 12/24 switching, don't have model numbers
for any of the highway tractors that do, some do some don't.
depends on where he is and how hard he looks, and how tight the money is too:)
pass on whatever you think will help him.

Latest posts