Been a Hot Humid Hectic Hay Day Here

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
The Hay Rake Broke and is gonna need some welding, but did almost get all of it raked before it happened. My uncle's heifer calf that I had inside yesterday didn't make any progress with crazy momma last night therefore I'm still working with it getting it up to speed. May end up being a bottle calf. Plus to make things worse had a set of twin heifers born and momma ran off and left one. Therefore might end up with two bottle calves. Here Dave is enjoying some company!

I had that happen on a set of twins a couple years ago. They have one. Move away from it. Have the second calf and never claim the first born.

Ron, She was on a farm road between the creek and a wooded hillside in between the two heifer calves. All were laying, I eased up to check on them since it is July and was warming up for the day. Eased up to the close calf to me, well it ended up jumping and just moved to the other calf meanwhile the cow got up the same time and down the farm road they went. She didn't acknowledged the other being there and didn't look back. I had to get it up and realized it hadn't nursed. If I had stayed away and it wasn't July possibly she might have claimed both. She's one of the lower milking girls on the place so she's better off with just one. I guess it makes up for the one that drowned just have to bottle feed it. All of the Vegas calves have been black so far, looks like he might be a Homo Black Bull. Kind of like having them red ones every now and then. Oh well black sells the best.

Latest posts