Beating a Dead Horse

Help Support CattleToday:

:lol: It was most needed around here of late, saw Dun use it on a thread in the Beginners earlier and had to laugh. I was just about to :bang: with all this flogging a :deadhorse: going on, now we can just hope that certain people take heed of it.

Not to :deadhorse:
wave.gif
That's better than mine, I think I will steal it! I like the flies touch!
horse.gif

SL

Where did that saying originate and what is it's meaning? Why would you want to beat a dead horse? Is that cruelty to an animal to beat a dead horse? Have you ever seen anyone beat a dead horse?

Dear Mr. M Gravlee

Woo be it for me to make a suggestion----------- but------------I think it would be really really nice of you if you could add another Forum, say next to the "coffee shop" and call it "The Saloon" and make it password acceptable for "adults only".

It's not that I have any problems obeying the rules but I think it could be a good way to get some of those "guests" who lurk on the bottom of the page to join the board and participate.

It would just be a place for members to get away from the office and out of the public eye, kick off their shoes and let their hair down a LITTLE.
I have seen it on other boards and it seems to work very well.
Any hoo, it was just a thought!
Your friend
SL

James T,
With all due respect, I see no reason why we can't have the best of both worlds.
If that's not your cup of tea that's fine with me, you don't have to enter and/or participate.
But please remember this board consists mostly of blue collar workers.

Plus I don't believe we should be telling members that they should go to other boards. We should be looking for ways to bring members to the board. If not for any other reason than it's just not good business.
And this is a business, ya know.

I will put you down as "1 no vote".
Thank you for your input.
SL

Sir Loin":3ddej4a7 said:
Dear Mr. M Gravlee

Woo be it for me to make a suggestion----------- but------------I think it would be really really nice of you if you could add another Forum, say next to the "coffee shop" and call it "The Saloon" and make it password acceptable for "adults only".

It's not that I have any problems obeying the rules but I think it could be a good way to get some of those "guests" who lurk on the bottom of the page to join the board and participate.

It would just be a place for members to get away from the office and out of the public eye, kick off their shoes and let their hair down a LITTLE.
I have seen it on other boards and it seems to work very well.
Any hoo, it was just a thought!
Your friend
SL

:deadhorse:

like the new smilie....can you make a puke one saves keep going into photobucket to post one, a lot have asked me where I got mine from and wanted one. Thank you for a good site.
SL I can relate to wanting another section, and it would be at the choice of oneself to go onto it, as is watching a TV channel.

Re:
What are you sayin' Sirloin?
All I am saying is I think we should have a password protected place, to discuss other then cattle things and to discuss personal things and/or make jokes out of the public prying eyes, and so as not to offend other members who are of a different persuasion.

I consider this my home now and I don't feel right to have to go to some other board for some personal interaction and entertainment. And there are some cattle related thing I just don't want to discuss publicly.
And it wouldn't be fair to Mr. Gravlee for me to invite you'll to some other board to talk.

I have seen it on other boards and it works just fine.

It was just a though. I didn't mean to start a fire storm.

SL

Sir Loin":1bieqw04 said:
Re:
All I am saying is I think we should have a password protected place, to discuss other then cattle things and to discuss personal things and/or make jokes out of the public prying eyes, and so as not to offend other members who are of a different persuasion.

I consider this my home now and I don't feel right to have to go to some other board for some personal interaction and entertainment. And there are some cattle related thing I just don't want to discuss publicly.
And it wouldn't be fair to Mr. Gravlee for me to invite you'll to some other board to talk.

SL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mr. Gravlee owns ranchers.net also and he has in the past encouraged folks who want to get down and dirty to head over that a way.

MistyMorning":33xj6gyk said:
Sir Loin":33xj6gyk said:
Re:

SL

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mr. Gravlee owns ranchers.net also and he has in the past encouraged folks who want to get down and dirty to head over that a way.

You are quite right, my dear.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39359

Latest posts