Beards: NON-politically correct Psycho-Social Reasons

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3ub0b61c said:
wacocowboy":3ub0b61c said:
Reverse Evolution lol I could be accused of that. I hated being told to shave in school and jobs so now that I work for myself it is full on beard. I have them trim it whenever I get a hair cut but other than that I leave it alone.
It takes a pretty talented person to wear a full beard and still be able to eat without having gravy, grease, ketchup and snot dried in all that beard. But most are able to do it. Occasionally you'll see one that looks like it needs to go through the pot scrubber cycle on the dishwasher.

Mine stays pretty clean. When I was in Waco yesterday I should of gotten a hair cut and a trim.

George Carlin summed it up pretty well, it's all in perception. Lenin had a beard, Gabby Hays had whiskers

denvermartinfarms":2w1iy720 said:
Man I wish I could could have such strong opinions on things this minor in life. I just can't make myself care.
I take that you are not so satisfied with your ability to grow facial hair... It's okay, beards don't matter any more than size does. :roll:

cow pollinater":2x1x4g68 said:
denvermartinfarms":2x1x4g68 said:
Man I wish I could could have such strong opinions on things this minor in life. I just can't make myself care.
I take that you are not so satisfied with your ability to grow facial hair... It's okay, beards don't matter any more than size does. :roll:
No, I mean I'm here reading it. I just think it's funny how big of a deal some things about people are to other people. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just interesting.

denvermartinfarms":3ax6xwv6 said:
cow pollinater":3ax6xwv6 said:
denvermartinfarms":3ax6xwv6 said:
No, I mean I'm here reading it. I just think it's funny how big of a deal some things about people are to other people. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just interesting.
Yet you're sitting here reading it. Apparently you're easily entertained....beard or no beard. ;-) Lighten up buddy. Relax and don't take life so serious. Learn to laugh at yourself. Yes we're silly sometimes. :nod: :lol2:

branguscowgirl":2hfqmg23 said:
It grows there, it is supposed to be there.
This doesn't apply to women obviously! :mrgreen:

I don't know, I have seen a few women with some pretty strong beards at the hospital...and I'm not touching the other possible applications of your post.. :shock:

wacocowboy":1ex7wrsc said:
TexasBred":1ex7wrsc said:
wacocowboy":1ex7wrsc said:
Reverse Evolution lol I could be accused of that. I hated being told to shave in school and jobs so now that I work for myself it is full on beard. I have them trim it whenever I get a hair cut but other than that I leave it alone.
It takes a pretty talented person to wear a full beard and still be able to eat without having gravy, grease, ketchup and snot dried in all that beard. But most are able to do it. Occasionally you'll see one that looks like it needs to go through the pot scrubber cycle on the dishwasher.

Mine stays pretty clean. When I was in Waco yesterday I should of gotten a hair cut and a trim.

I did get a haircut and beard clipped off yesterday in Sturgis. Feels a lot better. Beard gets grow out too much and my O2 hose sometimes pulls on it too :eek:

Barber shop on main st is still cheaper than most any other place, including Walmart. $14 Doesn't give me a discount for less hair on top, but doesn't charge extra for clipping the beard either :p :p :p

I got my semi-annual beard trim and haircut a few weeks ago myself.
Before every Easter and before every Thanksgiving.

greybeard":3gy17ffs said:
I got my semi-annual beard trim and haircut a few weeks ago myself.
Before every Easter and before every Thanksgiving.
Did they trim the nose and ear hair?? That saved a ton if it was free. :lol: :hide:

Do you think Abraham Lincoln looked better with/without a beard?
abe1_zpsqjzxy6bh.jpg

abe2_zpsz0bvawgl.jpg

Don't mind a mustache or a neatly cropped beard, it's those long beards that make me wonder what the man is hiding...

alisonb":3gcsv6yv said:
Do you think Abraham Lincoln looked better with/without a beard?

Don't mind a mustache or a neatly cropped beard, it's those long beards that make me wonder what the man is hiding...

I got a feeling Ol' Abe was butt ugly when he was born. I have some friends who wear real close cropped beards. Must use those razors that cut them that way. They always look very neat and clean. Some others look like pure filth. Almost like you can smell the dam things.

My best friend, Dave, RIP wore a beard because he did not have a chin. I mean he really had no chin whatsoever. I was watching Antiques Roadshow from England the other day and I saw another guy that had no chin.

Latest posts