bear poop?

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
POOP.jpg

POOP1.jpg

in my pasture....id be shocked if it was a bear but that's the consensus..

We only get the occasional visiting bear, from eastern Ky. Has it been eating fruit?

Bigfoot":23lgs02b said:
We only get the occasional visiting bear, from eastern Ky. Has it been eating fruit?
Starting to be several bears spotted just north and west of me. Never saw one here but one has been spotted probably within 10 miles.

Looks like it could be to me. It's fresh whatever it is at least looks it. Size also is hard to grasp but would be human size to bigger for bear. I know there are a lot of them in central FL so definitely not impossible. Looks like he has been in grapes or something similar.

Looks like deer, with some formed pellets. Similar to sheep and goats when they start with loose stools.

Does a bear shyt in the woods? Can't be bear, A: it's in your pasture, B: it's not in the woods, C: looks like a deer with diarrhea.

I cant tell by the picture how big the pile is but here it would be about all you could hold in your cupped hands. Looks like it has been eating acorns or something like that. If you really want to know what it is eating take a gallon of water out there and slowly pour over it and see what is left afterward.
If it is a bear it will be tearing something up soon. I see their damage all the time and see several each year.

well I rooted in it and it looked like earth worms near as I could tell. was hard today. yesterday it was fresh. that pile is bigger than anything ive ever released. it was more than you could scoop up. bigger than a real big dogpile...bigger than great dane st Bernard poop. thought raccoon but it would be the size of a dog if it was. 2lbs I bet. today it was solid on the outside. soft inside. no smell. smooshy but lots of those wormy looking things. also it was a squat. I could see where it had dripped as it moved away from the pile.
I saw no prints of any kind except deer and cows..the afterbirth from the cow was gone...every speck

Do you have any real young calves in that pasture? I've seen calves with that kind of stuff when a couple of days old.

There must be someone at UF or Fish and Game who has done some study on bears down there who can confirm it for you.

dun":1ollvrhb said:
Do you have any real young calves in that pasture? I've seen calves with that kind of stuff when a couple of days old.
That occurred to me as another possibility too.

dieselbeef":1woh3ulx said:
POOP.jpg

POOP1.jpg

in my pasture....id be shocked if it was a bear but that's the consensus..

Did YOU take a crap and post a picture of it.? ;-)

If you did see a doctor.

Latest posts