Be careful about what's in the truck bed

Help Support CattleToday:

isn't it something to do with the G-force building momentum. distance over time = velocity.. and change in velocity over change in time = acceleration.. to which the build up of G-force = momentum. Hyperphysics was never my strong point.[/quote]

You lost me at G-force.Course had to threaten to burn the school down to have them let me out.I'll tell you like I do my colleage educated friends Quit showing off. :D :D

Everything I have in the back of my truck is of importance. That is until I sort through it,and it will be due in about the middle of summer. :lol: :lol:

Cal

chrisy":njz94qdd said:
rusty":njz94qdd said:
I'm in the VFD here and you'd be amazed of what happens in wrecks.We had a jeep cherokee until I saw a soup can that came across the rear seat in a jeep wreck about kill a kid.Something on the ? about speed I forget the amount but a car going 65mph can be pushed over with very little force.I hit a bird one time on a motorcycle at 70mph and it about knocked me off the bike .

isn't it something to do with the G-force building momentum. distance over time = velocity.. and change in velocity over change in time = acceleration.. to which the build up of G-force = momentum. Hyperphysics was never my strong point.

Wouldn't it be more related to centripetal force? I dunno about G-force being a factor here (since the definition of G-force is "the force of acceleration due to gravity") because rusty was more talking about a car going 65 mph getting broadsided by another object and going spinning or rolling off into infinity...a collision with a bird, well that's nothing to do with centripetal force, more like Newton's laws of "A body persists its state of rest or of uniform motion unless acted upon by an external unbalanced force." or "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." whichever you wish to go on.

G-force is more like what fighter pilots like Bez experience when they go into a roll, spin or a loop, vertical climb or vertical dive or when you go into a loop, dive, or vertical climb on a roller coster and experience either weightlessness (negative G-force) or feel twice or 3 times heavier than you actually are (positive G-force).

Now I prolly I done got everyone even more confuddled. I think I mentioned a long time ago that I hated physics.. :nod: :idea: :secret:

IluvABbeef":1d86burq said:
chrisy":1d86burq said:
rusty":1d86burq said:
I'm in the VFD here and you'd be amazed of what happens in wrecks.We had a jeep cherokee until I saw a soup can that came across the rear seat in a jeep wreck about kill a kid.Something on the ? about speed I forget the amount but a car going 65mph can be pushed over with very little force.I hit a bird one time on a motorcycle at 70mph and it about knocked me off the bike .

isn't it something to do with the G-force building momentum. distance over time = velocity.. and change in velocity over change in time = acceleration.. to which the build up of G-force = momentum. Hyperphysics was never my strong point.

Wouldn't it be more related to centripetal force? I dunno about G-force being a factor here (since the definition of G-force is "the force of acceleration due to gravity") because rusty was more talking about a car going 65 mph getting broadsided by another object and going spinning or rolling off into infinity...a collision with a bird, well that's nothing to do with centripetal force, more like Newton's laws of "A body persists its state of rest or of uniform motion unless acted upon by an external unbalanced force." or "To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." whichever you wish to go on.

G-force is more like what fighter pilots like Bez experience when they go into a roll, spin or a loop, vertical climb or vertical dive or when you go into a loop, dive, or vertical climb on a roller coster and experience either weightlessness (negative G-force) or feel twice or 3 times heavier than you actually are (positive G-force).

Now I prolly I done got everyone even more confuddled. I think I mentioned a long time ago that I hated physics.. :nod: :idea: :secret:

as I said hyperphysics was not my strong point, but spoke to my friend and it is G-force that would propell a stationery object into a flying object. as is Newton's Second Law of Gravity, force is measured in grams and kilograms. Hence G-force. Centripetal force is to send a thing in a curved path. but not to confuse anymore, I will stop.

as I said hyperphysics was not my strong point, but spoke to my friend and it is G-force that would propell a stationery object into a flying object. as is Newton's Second Law of Gravity, force is measured in grams and kilograms. Hence G-force. Centripetal force is to send a thing in a curved path. but not to confuse anymore, I will stop.[/quote]

I think maby some of that there centripetal force is added to my jack.

Cal

I'm going to go ahead and let you all see how dumb I am again.What is the thing that has a bunch of balls hanging on strings that you take one and hit the next one to make it keep going?Would this not be the same thing that would propel something out of a truck bed when hit ?

rusty":3t2x4ep4 said:
I'm going to go ahead and let you all see how dumb I am again.What is the thing that has a bunch of balls hanging on strings that you take one and hit the next one to make it keep going?Would this not be the same thing that would propel something out of a truck bed when hit ?

You mean a pendulum? Or something like that...or do you mean something that is in motion transfers its energy directly to something else to send it in the same direction? Like the white ball hitting the 8-ball in a game of pool where the white ball stops as soon as it connects with the 8-ball and the 8-ball continues in the direction that it is directed to travel by the force of the white ball?

Ugh...I have to stop with the physics stuff...

IluvABbeef":2ihj85h8 said:
rusty":2ihj85h8 said:

You mean a pendulum? Or something like that...or do you mean something that is in motion transfers its energy directly to something else to send it in the same direction? Like the white ball hitting the 8-ball in a game of pool where the white ball stops as soon as it connects with the 8-ball and the 8-ball continues in the direction that it is directed to travel by the force of the white ball?

Ugh...I have to stop with the physics stuff...
to answer your question yes it would be and the thing your talking about.....It's called 'Newtons Cradle'..... Newton's cradle is a whole series of collisions. You're taking a really bouncy metal ball, it's very hard steel ball and bouncing it into a row of them from one end and crashing into it. In this kind of collision there's two things which are conserved, which have the same amount at the end that you had at the beginning. One is energy. That's ½ x mass x (velocity) squared. The other one's something called momentum which is your mass X velocity. You've got one ball dropping into it with a mass and a velocity you will have the same mass and velocity by having one ball coming out with the same energy and the same momentum. With two balls with the same amount of energy then they'd actually be moving less than half the speed. So they'd have less than the same amount of momentum you'd put in. The only solution is to have the same amount of balls coming out as went in. (Newtons second and third law of gravity)

Latest posts