BBQ Ribs

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo

Reaction score
I'll probably get burned at the stake for this one, but here goes. Note, the name is BBQ Ribs, not smoked BBQ Ribs.

Take a rack (or 2 or 3) of your favorite ribs and cut into sections that will fit into your largest pot. Cover with water, bring to a boil, and then let boil for an hour or so, until the meat begins to separate from the bones.

Take out of water and allow to drain well.

Lay the racks of ribs on a heated grill, salt/pepper, and then cover with your favorite bbq sauce. Grill for 5 minutes or so, flip, and repeat. Continue grilling, covering with bbq sauce, and flipping for 3 or 4 more times, until you have a good grilled, crusty finish on the ribs.

They're not smoked, but they are a ultra tender meat falls off the bone rib. Totally different taste than smoked ribs. My family loved them.

And to the real smoked bbq fans out there (which I am one of!), sorry for posting this. :lol2:

I subsitute a pressure cooker for about 15 minutes instead of boiling. I also mix a lof of sauce wit hthe water during the pressure sooking phase.

I do not boil mine. They get thrown is a covered roaster and baked at 300 for about 4 hours or until the meat starts to separate from the bone. Then do the same as you, or if I don't feel like starting the BBQ place them in the top oven and broil them on high.

My MIL does it this way too and they are tender and good but to me its not the destination but the journey that is important.

Hey yeah! thanks 8) Supper tomorrow, Beef short ribs, boiled till tender then put on the grill with BBQ sauce. :D

Latest posts