BBQ pork

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
talked to a buddy of mine yesterday an he reminded me that he was cooking 2 pigs in 12 days.wanted me to come over early to help him an sample the pigs an other good food before every1 showed up for the feed that evening.he laughed an said he will put the pigs on at 2am an then start cooking the other stuff as well.we both said that we would be to full to eat because of all the sampling we will be doing.

greybeard":ln446hln said:
How is he cooking them bb338?
Whole on a spit?
I've always wanted to try that...
he is cooking them in quarters as far as i know.i think he still has 8 pigs to butcher.an they are over at a friend of ours right now.trying to talk him into making some sausage out of them.

talked to my buddy yesterday an he is cooking 80lbs of pigs.an he is thinking bout cooking a deer shoulder to go with it.

I've been volunteered to cook for a fundraiser Friday. They are expecting between 5 - 600 people. All I gotta do is the meat part. Pulled pork, hamburgers, hotdogs and skewers. This will be my good deed for the year. I hope the weather is pleasant else it won't be much of a fundraiser.

Its really not that much more trouble than cooking just a couple. I'll get one fella to help me near the end but for the most part it will be solo. This way, there won't be so many bosses telling me what I should have done if you know what I mean.

Hook, I cheat on the pulling. I'll use a paint stirrer attached to an electric drill. Works like a charm and you don't have to wait till it cools to "pull it".

Ahhhwwwww. That's some serious cheating there. Heckuva idea though. I'm going to borrow that if I may

One more quick question: how do you avoid eating all the screws when you use your drill the next few times.

Cooked 200 lbs of pork butts last Sat for BIL's wedding. We use something similar to the paint stirrer that a buddy made up. That's the only way to pull any quantity of meat.

coppertopranch":ixc2btf9 said:
I guess I'm just a little slow, but how does the paint stirrer pull the pork off?

This is a new one on me, too. But I can see where the stirrer would pull the meat fibers loose as it turned. Great idea.

We use a 5 gallon bucket to put the butt's in. Once in the bucket we pick out the bone and any excess fat. Then take the puller tool and electric drill and drill them for a few seconds. It's a real time saver!

I always use a KitchenAid stand mixer with the paddle attachment to shred things....sounds a little more appetizing than a paint stirrer and drill. :yuck:

well the BBQ is a few days away now. im going to take some cole slaw an another side or 2 but havent decided on those yet.im going to try to get early so i can help if needed.

Latest posts