Pork Sausage

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Discovered J. C. Porter brand while looking for sausage without any MSG. Really good I think. Did notice in the last few days that Jimmy Dean has no MSG. MSG makes me have a problem with eyesight and dizziness. What are some of you folks favorite sausage.

I grew up eating Owens and even got a job on the kill floor with them in '73. A construction company called me the Friday before starting Monday offering a dollar more per hour so I took that job instead of Owens. Today I have to eat one of the two you mentioned as Owens gives me indigestion. I just buy whichever is on sale.

hurleyjd said:
Discovered J. C. Porter brand while looking for sausage without any MSG. Really good I think. Did notice in the last few days that Jimmy Dean has no MSG. MSG makes me have a problem with eyesight and dizziness. What are some of you folks favorite sausage.

My favorites all the ones I make

skyhightree1 said:
hurleyjd said:

Do you use the intestines of the hog to make ling sausage. My mother cleaned them some how and she made link sausage.

hurleyjd said:
skyhightree1 said:
hurleyjd said:

Do you use the intestines of the hog to make ling sausage. My mother cleaned them some how and she made link sausage.

No sir I sell the chitlins and all the innards or give them to family members and find it alot easier just to buy casings :lol: Have you tried to make your own?

skyhightree1 said:
hurleyjd said:
skyhightree1 said:

No sir I sell the chitlins and all the innards or give them to family members and find it alot easier just to buy casings :lol: Have you tried to make your own?

Been long time since I was at a hog killing probable at least 50 years but my mother cleaned the intestines and stuffed them. She used everything but the squeal.

hurleyjd said:
skyhightree1 said:
hurleyjd said:

Been long time since I was at a hog killing probable at least 50 years but my mother cleaned the intestines and stuffed them. She used everything but the squeal.

I'm always impressed at how little waste there is with a pig when you use everything.

Latest posts