Pork tenderloin experiment

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":1t0am229 said:
Jogeephus":1t0am229 said:
skyhightree1":1t0am229 said:
True.. when you make salami do you use cultures?

Yes but it depends on what I'm making. Sometimes I don't but I do more often than not.

Oh ok I guess I will have to order some.

It'll help insure you get over some of the safety hurdles. Typically I won't use any when making a smoked dried sausage in smaller diameter casings.

Jogeephus":3okvj8ty said:
skyhightree1":3okvj8ty said:
Jogeephus":3okvj8ty said:
Yes but it depends on what I'm making. Sometimes I don't but I do more often than not.

Oh ok I guess I will have to order some.

It'll help insure you get over some of the safety hurdles. Typically I won't use any when making a smoked dried sausage in smaller diameter casings.

Gotcha I definitely need it so I don't get sick I wanted to try small size before I messed up a big batch

Thanks. Here it goes :D I had to order the cure#1. I had some Morton's tender quick but didn't want to substitute and screw this up. It seems the Tender quick maybe could be substituted with major changes in the salt but I wasn't willing to chance it.

Chocolate Cow2":1ctcpozx said:
Thanks. Here it goes :D I had to order the cure#1. I had some Morton's tender quick but didn't want to substitute and screw this up. It seems the Tender quick maybe could be substituted with major changes in the salt but I wasn't willing to chance it.

In general if you want to substitute tender quick in a recipe that calls for salt and a cure simply use the tenderquick at the amount given for all salts and you will be very close but its best to work in weights and not measured spoons.

HEY Slick.....it's done and it's fantastic. thank You. I don't like sage and was sorta not too excited to throw it in but it's not overwhelming. I really can't taste it. Anyway, I'm really tickled how it turned out. By the time I give the kids some, I'll sure have to do another one..aw shucks! ;-)

Chocolate Cow2":15cgzqjb said:
HEY Slick.....it's done and it's fantastic. thank You. I don't like sage and was sorta not too excited to throw it in but it's not overwhelming. I really can't taste it. Anyway, I'm really tickled how it turned out. By the time I give the kids some, I'll sure have to do another one..aw shucks! ;-)

Glad it turned out for you. I'll have to get some going because I think I only have one package left.

My daughter in law called tonight. She made BLT's with some of the pork loin. Said they were awesome. She wanted to know how to make the loin and how much liquid smoke it took. :D I think she's going to wait for me to make more.

Latest posts