Barns and handling facilities...... Picture Time!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

PLR

Reaction score
Ok heres the next picture share.....What do yalls handling facilities look like? Barn, chutes, pens etc. Here are mine....

photos20.jpg

Shelby
http://www.promiselandranch.net/

Oh no.. no way I'm posting my photos after these! Good grief! Makes my little portable panels wired together pretty pathetic..

That doesn't look like a "cattle handling facility" to me camp.. looks like your barn! :)

Campground Cattle":2vc4lip6 said:
One of the barns
May23001.jpg

Working Pens

[/img]
Jun26008.jpg

Camp I think you have too much money to have that nice of stuff... i think I need to come take some from you and distribute the wealth... the only thing we get close to that is the screwups from the continuous fence dealer.

I always thought of you as a Hereford man Campground Cattle Company....but your stock looks kind of like a traders pens. All different colors. I like that myself.
You've got some real nice pens and real nice stuff. Way better stuff than lots of folks in this business. You're right to be proud and want to show it off....you've done mighty good

TheBullLady":1309qo8w said:
Oh no.. no way I'm posting my photos after these! Good grief! Makes my little portable panels wired together pretty pathetic..

LOL. Same way I feel. Especially not where our snow has been melting, the pens are looking sloppy, animals starting to shed out...maybe in the summer when the calves are on green pasture I'll consider posting pics. :)

dang nice looking setup camp. that barn looks better than my den. where is the wet bar? must have been behind you when you took tht picture. i bet you were backing up to right then but from the looks of your setup you never did have to back up to the paytable. you earned ever bit of it and have a right to be right proud.

quote="brokenmouth"]dang nice looking setup camp. that barn looks better than my den. where is the wet bar? must have been behind you when you took tht picture. i bet you were backing up to right then but from the looks of your setup you never did have to back up to the paytable. you earned ever bit of it and have a right to be right proud.[/quote]

Thanks for all the compliments. Got the new reject drill stem for less than a dollar a foot just couldn't let that get away.
I built that barn and pens for cheap, wouldn't believe it if I told you.

Camp, judging from that pipe that goes over the gate, I think we could recognize you as either a short man or the guy with lots of lumps on his forehead.

I'd hate to ride a horse though that gate.

Just Kidding - looks like nice set up. You must have bought your pipe two or three years ago - drill stem is like gold now.

Subsoil":3i2st4pr said:
Camp, judging from that pipe that goes over the gate, I think we could recognize you as either a short man or the guy with lots of lumps on his forehead.

Just Kidding - looks like nice set up. You must have bought your pipe two or three years ago - drill stem is like gold now.

Two old for a real horse anymore the ones I use now have four wheels, and you are correct I should have made that higher. I have put a few knots on my head .

Subsoil":16yrfp9i said:

I used to be able to get angle iron scrap for 25 cents a lb. Friday I got a 6 ft piece of 3x3 angle and it was 50 cents a lb, what a shocker to my old heart.

dun

Speaking about knots on heads, I wish I had that enclosed cab tractor and you had a knot on your head. Just kidding about the knot.

Craig-TX

Are you talking about the Kioti?

How is it working for you? What HP is it. I looked at them down at the Houston Show and the OKC farm show last year and they looked like a nice tractor especially for guys wanting a cab in a lower horse tractor.

I like my 2555 deere (purchased used) but it's big (heavy) for it's horspower. The Kiotis look like they'd be a lot easier to haul.

Subsoil":egspir5o said:
Are you talking about the Kioti?

How is it working for you? What HP is it. I looked at them down at the Houston Show and the OKC farm show last year and they looked like a nice tractor especially for guys wanting a cab in a lower horse tractor.

I like my 2555 deere (purchased used) but it's big (heavy) for it's horspower. The Kiotis look like they'd be a lot easier to haul.

Yeah I was talking about the Kioti heck of a good tractor, only complaint is it rides rough.
It's a 50 hp 12 forward and revese gears shuttle shift, I use it to rake and bale with little light for my hay cutter.

Yeah they are. the curved part of the lane leading to the chute is lined on the inside with pieces of black plastic irrigation pipe..you know the kind that reels onto an irrigation reel. we had one that busted laying out in the pasture for years and had the idea to use it.. works real well.