banding or cutting

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to hear a distinction between knife cut and banded at the sale ring or any auction I've seen. wether 52000 # five weights or 900 # nine weights :lol2:

Cypressfarms why don't you just pick up the phone and call out to Ft Pierre Livestock or Presho Livestock, or Winner Livestock and ask them what the buyers perfer. They are the ones that auction the cattle off every week. I could sit here and tell you all day what buyers perfer and what information is givin before they are sold it will never matter anyway as you won't believe me. Seems the livestock auctions in your neighborhood don't sell many cattle in a week could be why you have never seen buyers perfer knife cut huh? Amite Livestock auction had a whopping 515 hd. total for the Dec 18, 2007 sale. AVOYELLES LIVESTOCK AUCTION had a whopping 277 hd. total for the Jan 3, 2008 sale. Those 2 were the only 2 that reported usually when they don't report it is because they don't have enough head sold to report. Regardless if you like the lingo or not the buyer of a 52,000# load of 5 wts. perfers knife cut. The reason you don't understand that is because it appears the sale barns in your area aren't capable of putting a load together of that size. It is apparent from your comment about buyers being able to tell if they are knife cut or banded within a couple seconds in the ring that they don't announce knife cut or banded so what do they announce? Do they state owners name? How about green or not? How about bunk broke? Do they even announce if they are weaned?

somn":2deqtqpq said:
Cypressfarms why don't you just pick up the phone and call out to Ft Pierre Livestock or Presho Livestock, or Winner Livestock and ask them what the buyers perfer. They are the ones that auction the cattle off every week. I could sit here and tell you all day what buyers perfer and what information is givin before they are sold it will never matter anyway as you won't believe me. Seems the livestock auctions in your neighborhood don't sell many cattle in a week could be why you have never seen buyers perfer knife cut huh? Amite Livestock auction had a whopping 515 hd. total for the Dec 18, 2007 sale. AVOYELLES LIVESTOCK AUCTION had a whopping 277 hd. total for the Jan 3, 2008 sale. Those 2 were the only 2 that reported usually when they don't report it is because they don't have enough head sold to report. Regardless if you like the lingo or not the buyer of a 52,000# load of 5 wts. perfers knife cut. The reason you don't understand that is because it appears the sale barns in your area aren't capable of putting a load together of that size. It is apparent from your comment about buyers being able to tell if they are knife cut or banded within a couple seconds in the ring that they don't announce knife cut or banded so what do they announce? Do they state owners name? How about green or not? How about bunk broke? Do they even announce if they are weaned?

Your an idiot....

somn":o8p27wn7 said:
Regardless if you like the lingo or not the buyer of a 52,000# load of 5 wts. perfers knife cut.

We are working toward that. We can do it but we calve year round. Got a buddy that beats me every year as he he doesn't.

hgfarmer":2koxr9dw said:
somn":2koxr9dw said:

Your an idiot....
Okay college boy tell me how it works. Considering yout daddy feeds your livestock and you cry about having to pay him while your gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts