Bale Trak Monitor

Help Support CattleToday:

Hondac

Reaction score
I think I may be in need of a Bale Trak Monitor for use with my 530 Deere roller. Anyone know of a source for a good used one? What do those things typically cost new? Thanks

I have no idea what they go for. You can bale w/o the monitor though. I've done it many times with my 535. The only thing you really need it for is keeping an eye on the bale shape but I got so I didn't even look at it.

Unless you drove over it or it's made max smoke, getting it ficed is probably cheaper then buying even a used one that works

Are you sure its your montior? A lot of times the bale size sensors on the baler are at fault.

Not REAL sure if it is the monitor or something else. One needle works and the other doesn't most of the time. However, it will take spells where it seems to work great.

Try your monitor on a neighbors 530 or 535 and then hook your 530 to their monitor, that will tell you if the problem is in the monitor or baler. The monitor will interchange between the 530 and 535 without any modification to the wiring. If the problem is in the monitor contact AgriTronics, I believe they work on them.

Hondac":1q5zhqhb said:
However, it will take spells where it seems to work great.

Just noticed this, sounds like there's a broken wire somewhere that occasionally makes contact. Most likely in the cable between the monitor and baler.

SaddleSore":18r2jiby said:
Hondac":18r2jiby said:

Just noticed this, sounds like there's a broken wire somewhere that occasionally makes contact. Most likely in the cable between the monitor and baler.
Thanks, I can hook to a neighbors baler and see what happens.

SaddleSore":nhbs1zbn said:
Hondac":nhbs1zbn said:

Or a loose pin/wire in the connectors

1982vett":2wh6gl96 said:
SaddleSore":2wh6gl96 said:
Hondac":2wh6gl96 said:

Or a loose pin/wire in the connectors

Good point, that hadn't crossed my mind. Let us know what you find.

Latest posts