Back from a somewhat-long school break

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Good to be back again, but boy do I sure got a LOT of reading to do on here. :shock:

Came back home to find this:
001-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Sure was lonely and strange to not see the cattle there. They were sold over a month ago, and it's snowed a lot then. I'm so used to coming home and seeing feeder calves in the corrals at this time of year, but my gosh, it was very different to not see have any around. But at least it saves on the work to get them fed up in all this snow, and in the spring mud-season. So I guess I can say that's a plus.

Anyway, been down to Cochrane this week to see the girls, and boy have they grown! Cute as buttons, and the one not in the hospital (Claire) is already working on that little smile of hers. Myra's sure changed too, and looks like she'll be out of the hospital soon. I wish I could post pics of them, but my brother and his wife were against it. :( Oh well, here's a couple pics I took on a little walk by the river.

040.jpg

Outline of the mountians in the distance

047-1.jpg

Sunlight on rushing water

I got more pics on my blog, just click the link below to see them.

Enjoy! :)

those are some great pics.thanks for sharing them.makes me cold looking at all that snow.i talked to a friend of mine an he was in winapeg cananada this last week on a family vac.he called me as he was going up on top of a mountain.said it sure was cold there.

That is some beautiful country you have there and you're right. Those pens just don't look right without a few head of cattle.

Bigbull, it actually wasn't all that cold there at all, even though the snow makes it look that way. It hit about +5 C at home for a few days, and down in Cochrane it was almost literally T-shirt weather with a high of +9 C. But that was in Alberta. I heard in Manitoba that it was still quite cold there last week, made me feel lucky to have them warm temps.

VanC, family's doing good, just a lot of financial red tape to go through and planning for this spring/summer to do. We're trying to go back to our normal routines as best as we can, though it does feel a little strange without Dad around. But, like I said, we're doing a little better every day.

TexasBred, it was good to go see some different scenery for a change, although I'm still wondering when we're gonna be able to go into the mountians, I know it'll make for some breath-taking photos. The pics I took didn't seem all that great, I guess because it was the middle of February and no real "amazing" pics to be had. Yep, the corrals never look the same without cattle in them, but we were thinking of purchasing a few heifers from my uncle to keep the grass down in the corrals.

That is some awfully beautiful scenery..... I've never seen that much snow up close and in person :( . But then again I've never had to get out and work in that much snow either :lol:

It's good to hear you and your family are doing well Karin.

Karin I can't even imagine how different things are for you and your family, but all you can do is take it day by day.

Glad to hear the twins are doing much better and your family is doing as well as can be expected.

Take care of yourself and have faith.

:heart: Wanda.