Back a while ago

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
Sometime a while back a man told me a story about a part of his life. It was after my grandfather had past which is probably what brought about the conversation. It occurred when I dropped off a set of blades to be sharpened for the bush hog and I had never understood why we took them to him to do when we could do them ourselves.

He said that when he was young (pre teen) and his dad had left that they could have never made it with out the milk cow granddad gave them. He went on to say he took it to a pasture of ours every morning after milking and would go fetch her at night.

He still does a good job on the blades and never accepts money for his efforts.

His story made me feel proud. I hope through my actions in life I may return the same feeling to my kids or grandkids.

Wewild":uclwd19h said:
Sometime a while back a man told me a story about a part of his life. It was after my grandfather had past which is probably what brought about the conversation. It occurred when I dropped off a set of blades to be sharpened for the bush hog and I had never understood why we took them to him to do when we could do them ourselves.

He said that when he was young (pre teen) and his dad had left that they could have never made it with out the milk cow granddad gave them. He went on to say he took it to a pasture of ours every morning after milking and would go fetch her at night.

His story made me feel proud. I hope through my actions in life I may return the same feeling to my kids or grandkids.
I know what you mean. We never know how much good deeds may mean. Not only at the time, but in the future. I never knew how much some people respected and appreciated my daddy until he was gone.

neighbour of mine worked for a sand and gravel company---started when he was 16 ---worked for 4 generations of owners --when he finally retired at 67 --unbeknown to him ;the original old guy, he worked for had set him up with a pension plan--he never knew about it until the day he retired ---always thought that was a nice story

carl

Wow! This is really strange. I have an similar story on my GreatGrandad and it was published in the paper a year ago. Some folks were lined up at his house with milk buckets each morning.

Wewild":1b03wx8g said:

Wewild

When we are dead we are gone. When we are gone we are remember by the things we did.

Deeds live much, much longer than people.

Seems there were some good deeds done by Grandpop - and they are remembered.

As crusty as I am, I too hope I am remembered by some of the things I did for others.

Stay well and continue the tradition.

Bez>

Wewild, your grandfather sounds like a helluva man! You're carrying on the legacy he set very nicely.