Babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Hard to believe it is almost weaning time we're scheduled to give first round of shots next Wednesday then three weeks later weaning day. I snapped a couple pictures today on my cellphone the heifer has lost her tag so I won't know who she is till next week she has already been tattooed so at least it won't be a mystery for long. No matter she is a pretty sporty looking heifer.

The F15 calf is a maternal brother to the bull we used on heifers this year he is a Resource.

Gizmom

We worked all the calves today we are pooped. I haven't run the numbers yet but at first look the sensation x 913 are going to be the performance winners. The D45 did really well but the Sensations mashed the scales.

Gizmom

Small sample size but bull average adjusted weaning weight is 699. But only had a couple and no heifers I would have sworn I had more but not according to the report. I am a bit surprised our weights were a bit lighter overall than last year. I think the wet winter took some punch out of them. Not horrible just a bit behind last year.

Gizmom

Great looking cattle. The pasture looks really good too.

The resource calves I have seen this spring have stood out. I really like them.

Latest posts