Australian Talk.

Help Support CattleToday:

It has been dry for the past couple of weeks until we got the massive rain about 27 mls.

The people(like us) who have irrigation you can see the dirrerence from farm to farm

They are all waiting to sell later next year.

We buy steers this time of year to put on pasture because there cheap and you can get a higher price for them in the new year when people want to restock.

Mitch

Christmas_photos_13.jpg

Just wishing everyone a safe & merry Christmas for tomorrow. Won't have much time to post over the next few days
May the new year bring rain, rain & more rain for those who need it .

Been enjoying uni holidays, even though I have so much to do even when I'm on holidays.

Been trying to sell these angoras for ages, looks like I might finally have found someone who wants them. Which is really good, I didnt want to send them all to the abbatoir.

Also been looking at some dairy does to buy - so I dont have to buy milk replacer for the poddies and shop milk for us. I have three dairy does already but one I think is too old to join, one has eye cancer the other didnt join so I wont have milk from her for a while, the does I am looking at are currently in milk.

Still havent caught up with some of the family for christmas, we've been a bit slack this year.

Hot hot hot here, no rain as usual.

It's the waiting around that gets me too. I sold all my ducks back in Oct '08 - still waiting for the new owners to come & pick them up. They've been brought & paid for I waited around for 2 weekends for this person to arrive & never did :roll: It's been that long I've been able to set & hatch out ducklings & have sold the ducklings, the parents are getting ready for another go around.
It's going to be hot here today temps in the very high 30's low 40's their predicting possible rain for Wednesday & Thursday, we need the rain but we have about 10 hectares of lucerne that badly needs baling.

42 yesterday, 44 today. And bl00dy humid. I hate this weather! Give me dry SA heat any day!

Latest posts