Tough guys who talk funny

Help Support CattleToday:

Had a lot of fun driving those International army trucks in my army days. We moved to them from the WW2 Studebaker 6x6. The Studebakers were our favourites though. We used to go on bivouac in convoy driving up and down the Great Dividing on all the old logging tracks looking for hills and creek crossings that might stop us. We used to time our passing through small towns and villages at lunch or dinner time to have a Counter lunch at the local pub rather than the ration pack.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Had a lot of fun driving those International army trucks in my army days. We moved to them from the WW2 Studebaker 6x6. The Studebakers were our favourites though. We used to go on bivouac in convoy driving up and down the Great Dividing on all the old logging tracks looking for hills and creek crossings that might stop us. We used to time our passing through small towns and villages at lunch or dinner time to have a Counter lunch at the local pub rather than the ration pack.

Ken

My father was a truck driving instructor during his time in the army, he has many interesting stories about those days.

Latest posts