• Auburn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cypressfarms":v79oqp6q said:
Mike C

Good game as always. And coming down to the last seconds as well. I think that either team could have won. Now I'll still cheer for my beloved LSU, but Auburn has to run the field and go undefeated to play for the national champ. this year.

Thanks CP, it was for sure a nail-biter. There wasn't a touchdown difference between those teams (obviously).

Just so happened that time ran out before LSU could score again. CBS sure got their money's worth!!!

LSU should be ranked WAAAAAAAY above Notre Dame this week.

It's too bad the best two teams in the SEC are in the West Division and can't play in the SEC Champ game. I don't think FL and TN are that good. Ga.? Who knows?

If AU doesn't run the table this year, they will have missed their best chance. We'll see.

Go Tigers! (Both)

I thought LSU got their second questionable call late in the game in the last 3 years.

I'd be fuming if I was on the other side.

I'm not happy with WBO (winning by officiating).

Wewild":34ixwpv3 said:
I thought LSU got their second questionable call late in the game in the last 3 years.

Which calls were questionable to you?

1-The one where the Auburn offensive player was called for pass interference but clearly was not interfering in the replay, but was penalized anyway?

OR:

2-The one where the flag was picked up because the LSU pass was obviously not "Catchable" (because it was tipped), therefore, could not be "Pass Interference"?

Just wondering......................

MikeC":268r0cna said:
Wewild":268r0cna said:

1-The one where the Auburn offensive player was called for pass interference but clearly was not interfering in the replay, but was penalized anyway?

OR:

2-The one where the flag was picked up because the LSU pass was obviously not "Catchable" (because it was tipped), therefore, could not be "Pass Interference"?

Number 2. We hit him before the tip.

Last time we beat them it was a new rule at the end of the game. I haven't seen used since.

PM me if you want to get ugly about it.

Wewild":2d9gmr9y said:
MikeC":2d9gmr9y said:
Wewild":2d9gmr9y said:

OR:

Number 2. We hit him before the tip.

He might have been hit before the tip.

But could a Ref determine that in real time?

If that play had been eligible for a replay analysis I don't think it would have been overturned on the field.

There are too many plays/variables during a game to say that any one play could determine the outcome of any game.

There is also never a play where a player on either team is not commiting some type of foul.

The only play I thought AU got away with was the "Spearing" play when the AU defensive back stuck the receiver with his helmet while the receiver was going out of bounds (or maybe WAS out of bounds).

MikeC":23xt46e1 said:

If that play had been eligible for a replay analysis I don't think it would have been overturned on the field.

I thought it was reviewed and overtuned??????

Wewild":1l4imyot said:
MikeC":1l4imyot said:

I thought it was reviewed and overtuned??????

I don't think it was reviewed. I could be wrong, because I got up to check the steaks on the grill (important things first :lol: ) when the flag hit the field and I was only gone a very short time. When I came back AU had the ball.

I don't think "Pass Interference" is on the "Reviewable" list.
I could be wrong on that too though.

I think the flag was overturned by the other officials on the field.

This begs for another question. It a tipped or batted ball subject to the "Uncatchable" rule?

Found this in USA Today:

Further review

The list of reviewable plays has been established by the NCAA and will be consistent throughout all of Division I-A football. Generally, judgment calls and penalties (such as holding, offside, pass interference) are nonreviewable situations. Plays involving the sideline, goal line, end zone and end line, as well as other detectable infractions, will be reviewable (such as fumble/no fumble, pass complete/incomplete, breaking the plane of the goal line). Penalties that can be reviewed by instant replay include illegal forward pass and too many men on the field.

SPORTING NEWS
College football full of close calls, controversy
September 17, 2006

Eugene and Auburn were home to two of Saturday's most dramatic finishes.

Unfortunately, they also played host to games where the guys in stripes blew it big time.

No. 18 Oregon rallied past No. 15 Oklahoma with a pair of touchdowns and a blocked field goal in the final 72 seconds, but it was an onside kick failing to travel 10 yards that has Sooners fans steaming mad. To make things worse, the refs couldn't even get the call right with a second look from the replay booth.

In the SEC brawl between No. 3 Auburn and No. 6 LSU, it was a flag that was - and then wasn't - thrown that left fans of the Bayou Bengals miffed. A fourth-down pass from LSU's JaMarcus Russell to Early Doucet was deflected away from the receiver, but a second Auburn defender appeared to get there a few ticks too soon, which led to a flag for pass interference. After a quick chat between the guys in charge, they picked up the flag and gave the ball back to Auburn, which was able to burn precious time off the clock.

Not all of Saturday's close finishes were marred by controversy. The Bowden Bowl went to Tommy thanks to a one-yard plunge with eight seconds remaining from Clemson running back James Davis against Bobby's No. 9 Seminoles. Chris Leak led No. 7 Florida on a game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter to edge rival No. 13 Tennessee 21-20 in Knoxville.

The teams in South Bend didn't have a similar flair for the dramatic as Michigan trounced Notre Dame 47-21.

i thought they missed a critical call in the first half.. for pass interference in the end zone. maybe i didnt see it right, but it appeared that the auburn defender hit the lsu reciever in the end zone before the ball got there.

overall it was a very good game, i thought lsu came up a little short with the guys in stripes, buy hey.. they are human too and thats the way it goes sometimes. this is one that will get analyzed to death because it was such a good game, the lsu qb should have never allowed that sack with time running out and no timeouts, but hindsight is 20/20.. coulda shoulda woulda...

but that was a great game for college football. i think auburn won because they made the best adjustments at half time.

jmo

jt (go LSU)

MikeC":2j3wu0qs said:
Found this in USA Today:

Further review

The list of reviewable plays has been established by the NCAA and will be consistent throughout all of Division I-A football. Generally, judgment calls and penalties (such as holding, offside, pass interference) are nonreviewable situations. Plays involving the sideline, goal line, end zone and end line, as well as other detectable infractions, will be reviewable (such as fumble/no fumble, pass complete/incomplete, breaking the plane of the goal line). Penalties that can be reviewed by instant replay include illegal forward pass and too many men on the field.

I don't like LBO either and we've been on that side a time or two. GA comes to mind.

We could argue the review issue to death. I wish the officials would have made Ga get off the ball a few years back when we were on their door.

Latest posts