Auburn Eating Contest @ 56 Days

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked for me yesterday! but now it don't?

Wassup?

Frankie I think the sire of that cow was Vermillion Dateline.
Can't remember the rest but it was impressive.

I saw on the pdf Mike C supplied that the bull was from the Auburn Teaching unit, and sired by Midland.

I went to the AAA site and searched for AU Midland, on a hunch.

Then clicked on the one with the R118 number, like was shown in the pdf Mike C. sent.

Here's what I got from that: 15264746

Got lucky, either that, or numbering systems are predictable. :lol:

Badlands

Badlands":3yhmqfr5 said:
I saw on the pdf Mike C supplied that the bull was from the Auburn Teaching unit, and sired by Midland.

I went to the AAA site and searched for AU Midland, on a hunch.

Then clicked on the one with the R118 number, like was shown in the pdf Mike C. sent.

Here's what I got from that: 15264746

Got lucky, either that, or numbering systems are predictable. :lol:
Badlands

Aren't you smart. :D He's not a flush bull and the birthdate is right, so that's probably him. What do you think of the BW EPD?

What do you think of the BW EPD?

A +5 BW EPD doesn't bother me on a Char, much less an Angus.

Question: Does the angus assoc have another page that tells an animals weight at Birth and ratio, 205 Weaning Weight and ratio, etc?

MikeC":1520ki4z said:

Question: Does the angus assoc have another page that tells an animals weight at Birth and ratio, 205 Weaning Weight and ratio, etc?

An Angus 5 lb BW is equal to about 12 in Char? Or am I way off base there? Yes, if your cattle are enrolled in the AHIR program, that info is available, but only to the owner of the animal. It's up to them to share it if they wish.

Frankie":2v2x9nkx said:
MikeC":2v2x9nkx said:

An Angus 5 lb BW is equal to about 12 in Char? Or am I way off base there? Yes, if your cattle are enrolled in the AHIR program, that info is available, but only to the owner of the animal. It's up to them to share it if they wish.

Just wondering. The Char info is open to the public.

On the BW EPD's.........that sounds about right. May be just a little less.

Is the Char info available online? Got a link; I'd be interested in looking at it.

You have to work that the opposite way, frankie.

To adjust a Charolais to an Angus base for BW EPD, the most current adjustment is +10 pounds.

A 5 Charolais would be a 15 BW EPD Angus.

A 5 BW EPD Angus would be a -5 Charolais.

Folks usually convert to an Angus base, so it get's confusing to go the other way.

Badlands

Thanks. Guess I was confused. My bad. I thought the difference was about 7 lbs; didn't realize it was up to ten.

A 5 Charolais would be a 15 BW EPD Angus.

A 5 BW EPD Angus would be a -5 Charolais.

Correct.

Other Across Breed adjustment factors:

Weaning; Charolais 38.8 = Angus 0
Yearling ; Charolais 53.1 = Angus 0

Frankie":24cu9qpf said:
Thanks. Guess I was confused. My bad. I thought the difference was about 7 lbs; didn't realize it was up to ten.

But the "Phenotypic" trend of the Chars Actual BW has gone the other way.

In the last 15 years the average Char bull calf born has lost 3 lbs. (from 92 to 89 lbs.) and the average female calf has lost 3 lbs (from 88 to 85 lbs).

But the Average BW EPD's have gone from "1.2" 15 years ago to "1.7" today.

Go figure.

MikeC":1xgkwh9d said:
Frankie":1xgkwh9d said:

In the last 15 years the average Char bull calf born has lost 3 lbs. (from 92 to 89 lbs.) and the average female calf has lost 3 lbs (from 88 to 85 lbs).

Go figure.
Hmmm, :lol: More fodder for my grazing huh Mike. ;-) You and Frankie seem to be getting along these days. Are you guys sick? Everything alright? :lol: I havn't seen a cross word in a month. You and frankie, alice and CB, what's this world coming to ? Maybe there is hope for Israel and the Arabs.

ollie'":3cbyvht3 said:
MikeC":3cbyvht3 said:
Frankie":3cbyvht3 said:

Go figure.
Hmmm, :lol: More fodder for my grazing huh Mike. ;-) You and Frankie seem to be getting along these days. Are you guys sick? Everything alright? :lol: I havn't seen a cross word in a month. You and frankie, alice and CB, what's this world coming to ? Maybe there is hope for Israel and the Arabs.

Frankie has been real "Ladylike" lately. I think she's got it in for the "Pieds" now. :lol:

MikeC":q5yggsjh said:
ollie'":q5yggsjh said:
MikeC":q5yggsjh said:
Frankie":q5yggsjh said:

Go figure.

Frankie has been real "Ladylike" lately. I think she's got it in for the "Pieds" now. :lol:
:lol:

MikeC":2nz9vx7u said:

Go figure.

What's happened to average WW and average YW during those years?

I'm still waiting for you to give me the link to the Char page that will allow me to browse actual performance data on various bulls. Thanks....

Frankie":246bvay1 said:
MikeC":246bvay1 said:

Go figure.

I'm still waiting for you to give me the link to the Char page that will allow me to browse actual performance data on various bulls. Thanks....

Bulls:
WW went from 645 to 666
YW went from 1134 to 1213

Heifers:
WW went from 591 to 600
YW went from 882 to 930

Or do you mean EPD's?

Link: http://search.charolaisusa.com/default.aspx

You might click on "Animals" and type in:

"LT RIO BLANCO 1234" for example.

You can go the the bottom of the found page and click on all the progeny of an animal too.

MikeC":3qrzuxfo said:
Frankie":3qrzuxfo said:
MikeC":3qrzuxfo said:

Go figure.

Bulls:
WW went from 645 to 666
YW went from 1134 to 1213

Heifers:
WW went from 591 to 600
YW went from 882 to 930

Or do you mean EPD's?

Link: http://search.charolaisusa.com/default.aspx

No, I meant actual performance. That's good. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts