ATV Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Walker

Reaction score
We are almost due a set of atv tires, does anyone have an opinion on a particular brand or tread design(good or especially bad).Also are there any online stores that have reasonable priced tires. thanks for any info.

I am getting ready to put some on too. I have a guy that lives close to me that is a honda mechanic and will order them for me. He likes ITPs I think is the brand and in the mud lite version. They are 6 ply and he said to stay away from the OEMs that are mostly 2 ply. They are not cheap but he said they will last well. I am down to some cords showing in mine and need them bad. I use an ATV more than anything else I have.

I like the ITP Mud Lites also. Have had several sets of them. Same thinking as the Honda mechanic. :)

There are some Swamp Lites that are very simular, supposetly harder rubber, last a little longer, little cheaper.

I typically buy off those ebay stores. Usually the cheapest I can find and most of them ship for free.

I have Mudlites, have some friends that have Swamplites. Those are probably the best two tires, it all just comes down to preference.

Cowboy 2.0":1jtil8qj said:
I have Mudlites, have some friends that have Swamplites. Those are probably the best two tires, it all just comes down to preference.
How do you rate these tires based on wear? I have a farm 1/4 mile down the road and I am back and forth alot so need something that will last longer than the OEMs I have had. What do you think?

I think that the mud lites last longer. The swamp lites do a little better in the mud just for the fact that they clean theirselves out a little better and don't have as much tendency to ball up.

I have also heard the same on the Swamp Lites lasting longer on the road. With that said, I have some county right by my house I hunt and trap for hogs. Its 2 or 3 miles one way. I drive my Mule with the Mud Lites regularly and have around 2yr on the tires. Still in pretty good shape.

I got the itp mudlite tires for my suzuki 300. They are about 3 years old and still have tons of tread left on them. I average about 2500km a year. I also just purchased a new quad not too long ago and put the same brand of tire on it, but these tires have about inch more than the other ones when they were new.

Brute 23":11xir6t8 said:
THere are the regular ITP Mud Lites and ITP Mud Lite XLs or XTs... some thing like that. They have deaper tread.. I think you can only get them in 26" or larger tires.

Regular Mud Lites are 22" to 25", XL's, which have more tread, 25" to 28", and XXL which have even more tread and come in 30" only. There is also a Mud Lite XTR that is a belted radial instead of bias ply.

DSCF0634.jpg

Latest posts