Attn: Texas Show-ers

Help Support CattleToday:

jaydill

Reaction score
Anyone headed up this weekend (Aug 5) to McKinney for the Princeton Back To School Show? Just curious about who I might see there! I'm headed to watch.

Jay

pretty sure we're gunna be there, but if not then we will for sure be in Denton for North Texas blah blah blah!!

-bcc":3obme63o said:
pretty sure we're gunna be there, but if not then we will for sure be in Denton for North Texas blah blah blah!!

Have fun with that, I hate the North Texas State Fair.

the only reason i go if for the concerts at night..other than that the wash racks blow, the stalls suck, the electiricty(sp) is gay..need i say more about the barns... the concerts are the best saw Kevin Folwer last year this year i heard it was Randy Roger!!

Cowboy 2.0":2idq0oc0 said:
-bcc":2idq0oc0 said:

Ditto. Way too hot. But we'll be there, never miss it. Its the first show in our season. I'll agree with -bcc, the concerts there are always real good, seen Kevin Fowler, Roger Creager, Bellamy Brothers, and some other real good ones.

Ryan":o3jgt2do said:
Cowboy 2.0":o3jgt2do said:
-bcc":o3jgt2do said:

Ditto. Way too hot. But we'll be there, never miss it. Its the first show in our season. I'll agree with -bcc, the concerts there are always real good, seen Kevin Fowler, Roger Creager, Bellamy Brothers, and some other real good ones.

I've been there twice and both times they have messed up with stalling and the whole barn sucks, so I haven't been back.

Last year North Texas fair was a disaster. Not enough stalls, hot and show was slow moving. We got in the ring at 1:15 in the morning. The only good thing was Kevin Fowler!!!!

Australian Cattleman":2114bmuf said:
Have fun texas country boy. Is Valentino in the team?

I think Valentino is too old to show. I really havent seen him but once or twice all summer, hes been off having the semen collected for almost 2 months already. They cant collect it as fast as their selling it.

At Houston last March Valentino was in the oldest bull class, so I dont think he can show anymore. Montecore was in the class against my bull, and he would be in the oldest class if I was showing him, so he may be there. He has been off to get collected all summer too, so I dont know if they will bring him back to show or not.

Ryan":2yaicyci said:

The Bellamy Brothers are my next door neighbors, LOL.

capparelli":1ixhmvsb said:
Ryan":1ixhmvsb said:

Thats amazing. I'm big fans of theirs. It was great when i saw them there. All the older people were up at the stage like a bunch of kids, and us younger folks were listening to them while wondering around the fairgrounds.

Ryan":1tkh9cic said:
capparelli":1tkh9cic said:
Ryan":1tkh9cic said:

Thats amazing. I'm big fans of theirs. It was great when i saw them there. All the older people were up at the stage like a bunch of kids, and us younger folks were listening to them while wondering around the fairgrounds.

They came to the Palacce Theater in Corsicana and I went to watch them. It was a fun show.

If you are planning to go the NTSF, remember the dates in the showbox are wrong. The junior heifers will show on Friday night, not Sunday. I don't know if the steer dates have changed. The dates on the website are correct.

limimama & bcc why did you show late. Not enough judges or too many cattle? I've shown at 1.30 pm at a country show once and that was the latest at a small show 150 head. Usually if its a big show 200+ head its run over a couple of days. At our east coast royal shows 1200 head plus,you always know when you are due on.
Colin

they take forever, the judge is slower than graduation!! if i remember correctly they started in the afternoon. honestly i really don't member i have been to one to many shows since then. The main reason is the judge he takes his sweet n percious(sp) time!

Cowboy 2.0":av3e5dc0 said:
Ryan":av3e5dc0 said:
capparelli":av3e5dc0 said:
Ryan":av3e5dc0 said:

They came to the Palacce Theater in Corsicana and I went to watch them. It was a fun show.

The sad thing is I have never watched one of their shows. I dont see them alot, but I always see their sister. She lives right behind us, my stepmom grew up with them. They raise Charolais.

Latest posts