Army worms have been bad in middle GA. this year.

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":2axjj4tp said:
Not here in this part of KY on the Ohio River. They rarely disperse this far north. I saw a lot of tent caterpillars this spring especially on the wild cherries.

I have often had thoughts about the best place to live. Some places have bad weather, insects, weeds, etc. I don't think I would want to live much south of this Latitude. The south has its share of extreme weather and pestilence, insects, molds , fungi, etc.

I like the moderate temperate zone but we do have killer humidity here in the Ohio Valley. The mold and spore levels have been measured at record levels.

I have said it before. Denver, Colorado. Impossible to beat, IMO.

Inyati, most of the early American literature talked about the beauty of Kentucky and how hard the Indians fought to keep it. The literature about Louisiana is consistently about insect plagues, disease, and extremely high rates of mortality.

dt34715":i86hjzro said:
Got hit this past week in middle TN. They can do a lot of damage in a very short
period of time.

I watched them finish off 20 acres of planted Bermuda in about a week.

it has been bad here now for the last 2 weeks we have sprayed some fields 2 times , this year has been the worst I can remember , and we started out spraying with Tombstone , but discovered it was not killing the worms , had to re spray alot with Lannate , sampson county NC

Much to my surprise, I have them here. Never had them in my life. I noticed a neighbors field, looking funny, but didn't pay it much attention. Left for the weekend, when I checked on things this afternoon, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It'll be the weekend before I can spray, and I doubt anything is even available locally to spray.

Bf there won't be any need to spray this weekend. They'll be gone and you'll be feeding hay. They'll eat you out of house and home in five days.

circlew":42f8m2gl said:
Bf there won't be any need to spray this weekend. They'll be gone and you'll be feeding hay. They'll eat you out of house and home in five days.

Oh crap. I may have to prioritize, and take a day off work. It might even come down to hireing it done. I think 60 acres is the most I've ever covered in a day with my rig.