area of expertise

Help Support CattleToday:

In addition to eighteen years of commercial AI work on dairies and a few ranches I farmed citrus, almonds, pecans and walnuts and ran a small beekeeping operation in addition to running cows. Since our move it's just bees and cattle and a few small AI projects to help out neighbors. I'll always share what I know if I think I have something to offer as I enjoy helping people but I'm a far cry from expert at any of it. :lol:

First 18 years out of college I was a mortgage banker employed by a Savings and Loan association. Regulations etc. became so burdensome it took all the enjoyment out of the work so I quit and wife and I opened our own dairy. Owned and operated a dairy for just over 10 years and loved it but had an opportunity to sell out and take my profit so did this. During our dairy days I did nutritional consulting for a number of feed companies and individuals and continued to do this until just the last few years. Am now fully retired and just enjoying my small herd of cattle.

TexasBred":1ruclagz said:
First 18 years out of college I was a mortgage banker employed by a Savings and Loan association. Regulations etc. became so burdensome it took all the enjoyment out of the work so I quit and wife and I opened our own dairy. Owned and operated a dairy for just over 10 years and loved it but had an opportunity to sell out and take my profit so did this. During our dairy days I did nutritional consulting for a number of feed companies and individuals and continued to do this until just the last few years. Am now fully retired and just enjoying my small herd of cattle.

Write this down I was wrong I always thought you were a doctor,lawyer or an Indian chief. :hide:

Caustic Burno":3vdj9khn said:
TexasBred":3vdj9khn said:

Write this down I was wrong

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Aerospace Engineer for the DOD, do mostly wind tunnel testing. Most projects are classified, but get to see some really cool stuff!

midTN_Brangusman":2f6kyov5 said:
Aerospace Engineer for the DOD, do mostly wind tunnel testing. Most projects are classified, but get to see some really cool stuff!
My fishing partner was an aerospace engineer for NASA until he retired.
Got to be a little sharper than your average bear.

CCCowman":xsmabyvu said:
28 years on Microstation here. Done some dandy looking layouts for barns, working corrals, etc!!!!!

Rafter S":xsmabyvu said:
M.Magis":xsmabyvu said:
Spent the last 18 years as a design engineer. Spend every day doing 2D design and 3D modeling. Not a lot of call for that in the cattle business, though I do model up projects like barns and working facilities. Gives me a good idea how things look and materials I need to buy.
Also spent quite a while doing taxidermy part time. Mostly deer heads, all mammals. Never got into birds or fish. Once the kids came I had to give it up.

3d modeling also, and creating drawings from the models, using SolidWorks. I just started that about 7 years ago after working at carpentry or some other form of construction most of the time before, though I've had other jobs ranging from assistant manager at a 60,000 square foot department store to beekeeper. Magis, what software do you use? SolidWorks is the only one I'm familiar with. I know just enough AutoCAD for it to p**s me off.

I've been working with cattle since I was a small boy, and while I don't claim to be an expert at anything, I think I'm pretty good at getting them to do what I want them to do.

I use ProE mainly, but we have some older 2D files in Microstation, I hate that program.

midTN_Brangusman":267vg8cj said:

We've emailed back and forth. I knew from your email address, you did something interesting. Now I know.

Caustic Burno":mq7uh2im said:
TexasBred":mq7uh2im said:

Write this down I was wrong I always thought you were a doctor,lawyer or an Indian chief. :hide:
Got accepted into TU medical school but could never get in A&M Vet School. :lol: :lol: :lol: No need for a lawyer and to dumb to be an indian chief. :nod: Heck CB in college I even worked at a funeral home for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmcB50NALQ

callmefence":6x5zu31a said:
Caustic Burno":6x5zu31a said:
TexasBred":6x5zu31a said:

Write this down I was wrong

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Fence take a pic of that comment from CB and we'll throw it in his face someday.

Rafter S":prhlo6na said:
M.Magis":prhlo6na said:
Spent the last 18 years as a design engineer. Spend every day doing 2D design and 3D modeling. Not a lot of call for that in the cattle business, though I do model up projects like barns and working facilities. Gives me a good idea how things look and materials I need to buy.
Also spent quite a while doing taxidermy part time. Mostly deer heads, all mammals. Never got into birds or fish. Once the kids came I had to give it up.

3d modeling also, and creating drawings from the models, using SolidWorks. I just started that about 7 years ago after working at carpentry or some other form of construction most of the time before, though I've had other jobs ranging from assistant manager at a 60,000 square foot department store to beekeeper. Magis, what software do you use? SolidWorks is the only one I'm familiar with. I know just enough AutoCAD for it to p**s me off.

I've been working with cattle since I was a small boy, and while I don't claim to be an expert at anything, I think I'm pretty good at getting them to do what I want them to do.

I forgot to mention what I use SolidWorks for. I help design, and create drawings for, most of the stuff being tested here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YhniFLrIQI.

I bought a diary farm right out of high school (family ownes a construction business so helped fund my farm) After 6 years of milking cows, I figured there must be an easier way to make a living. Sold my cows and equipment and built a car wash, then another and another. Sold two of the car washes and built a hotel. I currently manage the day to day operations of the hotel. I am not an expert at anything, but I am pretty good at hiring people that are.

Currently have 16 angus cows and love it!

Multiline claims adjuster, anything from boats, cars, houses, injuries, you name it and I probably deal with it. It pays the bills but it dang sure aint fooling with a few cows

Latest posts