Are We Paying Too Much For Meat.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":2t4gv55b said:
For a minute lets take a historical look at this question. 45 years ago I was a high school senior. ...........
Edited. I made enough selling beef at $0.73 a pound hanging to pay for two years of college. Which back then cost me about $2,000 per year. That was the total cost of room and board, books, and tuition. And I hate to think how much that has increased in the last 45 years.

:) Just to be fair to those purveyors of higher education one must consider more than simply the inflation that has impacted that $2000 a year cost. There's so much more knowledge the world has accumulated over those 45 years. I think I read somewhere that over the past 15 to 20 years we've doubled, even tripled the amount of knowledge held and understood by mankind. We have entire new industries, new thinking, new math, new sciences, new arts and new technologies that must all be taught. Is it fair to expect three, four or five times as much education for the same inflation adjusted dollars as one paid 45 years ago? We're not even considering that the costs of educating the educators has risen in like fashion. :p

Latest posts