Apple Pie Liquor

Help Support CattleToday:

Dakota":2xxzovu0 said:
I would dump it. I know that Appl Pie usually has Everclear or some other type of grain alcohol in it which is pretty hefty stuff...but since there's plenty of cider/apple juice in it...I'd just steer clear. There's really not *that much Alcohol in the recipe to keep it from developing bacteria I woudn't think. It's not tha same as a 1 yr old open bottle of vodka sitting on the bar...that would be OK. But better safe than sorry. Maybe give it a smell and maybe a little sip to see what it taste like...if it tastes sour or off in any way, dump it.
In most instances you won't have to worry about it getting "old enough" to spoil.

James T":vmluhnwu said:
TexasBred":vmluhnwu said:
Anyone made any of this? I drank a bit of it this weekend and it's pretty awesome.

6 cansfrozen apple juice concentrate
18 cups water
1 gallon apple cider
750 ml Everclear® alcohol
7 cinnamon sticks
4 cups sugar
4 cups brown sugar

Take all the ingredients excluding the Everclear and combine in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the Everclear. Bottle and Enjoy!

Makes @ 13 liters.

Read more: Apple Pie Liquor recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinko15n700 ... z1d3t0uDan

And, where exactly did you drink this, tb? Not up in a deer stand with a rifle? :D Certainly sounds like an interesting concoction!

Here, near the Apple Capitol of the World, this recipe has been around for many years -- mostly around the campfire! It tastes pretty harmless, but guaranteed that it packs a punch! Had not seen this recipe floating around for awhile -- thx for sharing.

Made a batch for Christmas gifts. It was a huge hit! Thanks for the idea TB!
I did change the alcohol from Everclear to Captain Morgans, but doubled the amount used to keep the alcohol % up for storage.

CottageFarm":3qkutjg0 said:
I did change the alcohol from Everclear to Captain Morgans, but doubled the amount used to keep the alcohol % up for storage.

Well aren't you the thoughtful little chemist. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":gegbfc5m said:
CottageFarm":gegbfc5m said:

Well aren't you the thoughtful little chemist. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You beat me to it 3way. Great idea and everyone got the expected effects. Ms. CF might be doing mail order before long. Much easier than baking pies too isn't CF? :clap:

And a whole lot more fun to taste test. :D :drink:

Besides...I don't bake... unless threatened with bodily injury. I can cook anything & everything, but I hate to bake. I even make crustless quiche' so I don't have to make crust. Homemade bread consists of putting ingredients in the machine and pushing the start button. Cookies ain't gonna happen either. Poor Mr. CF :lol:

The alcoholic drink called apple pie is a favorite of many people at thanksgiving dinners and parties. The drink tastes just like apple pie.

Latest posts