appleburrito_zpsab86a7d6.jpg

1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water

Spoon about one heaping quarter cup of pie filling evenly down the center of each tortilla.
Sprinkle with cinnamon; roll up, tucking in edges; and place seam side down in prepared dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
Pour sauce over enchiladas and let stand 45 minutes.
Bake at 350 in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden

That looks great. Just need some Blue Bell ice cream and you'd be set.

A little tweek to this is to take some egg roll wrappers and do the same but drop them in hot grease and deep fry them till they brown. Dust with some confection sugar and you have something pretty good.

Those do look good, I think I'll try that sometime!
Anything that doesn't require me to make my own crust is a good thing to try. :D

Jo, I've had something like that before that was deep fried. I think they classified it as an Empanada. Served warm with ice cream.....yummmmm

Even though I am sicker than a dog today ,those still look fantastic to me ! YUM :D

Deep frying them is also a good suggestion Jo.

Watched a show yesterday about Texas and fried food. Did you know they batter sticks of butter and deep fry them , and , people actually eat it and like that . :yuck:

hillsdown":27xrnnid said:
Even though I am sicker than a dog today ,those still look fantastic to me ! YUM :D

Watched a show yesterday about Texas and fried food. Did you know they batter sticks of butter and deep fry them , and , people actually eat it and like that . :yuck:

Why yes- I did know that--and have tried it.
I prefer chicken fried bacon tho.
(don't feel alone--wife and I are both sick today--some kind of cold/flu bug)

Cross7--Those look great, and I know I have all those ingredients already. Sounds like a plan for the next morning I feel like making breakfast.

hillsdown":bukz3tqd said:

HD that sounds like some of the "strange stuff" they fry up at the Texas State Fair in Texas. I do believe they've found a way to batter and fry darn near anything.

Back when I had a deep fryer handy I'd take cheesecake slices and wrap them in a flour tortilla. Get it nice and brown and serve with powdered sugar. Dang that was good.

Cross....got my wife to fix the apple enchiladas the other night. About made myself sick eating them. Very very good. Many thanks.

TexasBred":2g061hjl said:
Cross....got my wife to fix the apple enchiladas the other night. About made myself sick eating them. Very very good. Many thanks.

The next batch we're going to cut back on the sugar and butter some, it was a little too stout for me

Latest posts