Apple Pie Liquor

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Anyone made any of this? I drank a bit of it this weekend and it's pretty awesome.

6 cansfrozen apple juice concentrate
18 cups water
1 gallon apple cider
750 ml Everclear® alcohol
7 cinnamon sticks
4 cups sugar
4 cups brown sugar

Take all the ingredients excluding the Everclear and combine in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the Everclear. Bottle and Enjoy!

Makes @ 13 liters.

Read more: Apple Pie Liquor recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinko15n700 ... z1d3t0uDan

TexasBred":1zy249be said:
Anyone made any of this? I drank a bit of it this weekend and it's pretty awesome.

18 cups water
1 gallon apple cider
7 cinnamon sticks
4 cups sugar
4 cups brown sugar

Take all the ingredients excluding the Everclear and combine in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add the Everclear. Bottle and Enjoy!

Makes @ 13 liters.

Read more: Apple Pie Liquor recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drinko15n700 ... z1d3t0uDan

And, where exactly did you drink this, tb? Not up in a deer stand with a rifle? :D Certainly sounds like an interesting concoction!

expensive hobby":29y5vy5n said:
Substitute the everclear with shine and you have a heck of a good drink.
Probably......I tried a "small sample" at the NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. I didn't know if I was on the way to intoxication from the everclear or gaining weight from the awesome apple pie flavor left on your taste buds...pretty awesome little "brew". :nod:

expensive hobby":2sovjh48 said:

Heck, substitute all of the ingredients with apple flavored shine and you have a real winner.

TexasBred":2x6erse4 said:

18 cups water
1 gallon apple cider
7 cinnamon sticks
4 cups sugar
4 cups brown sugar

Makes @ 13 liters.

I'm gonna have to try that. Thanks TB

TexasBred":3r2qte1e said:
expensive hobby":3r2qte1e said:
Probably......I tried a "small sample" at the NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. I didn't know if I was on the way to intoxication from the everclear or gaining weight from the awesome apple pie flavor left on your taste buds...pretty awesome little "brew". :nod:

JEALOUS !!!!! At least my man won :banana: :banana: :banana:

That sounds like some serious rheumatoid sippen medicine TB .. :lol2:

Will have to try that sometime TB, BTW where does 'pie' fit into the equation? We make something similar here on cold stormy nights :p, it's what the Germans call Gluvine -

Bottle of dry red wine
3 cloves
2 sticks of cinnamon
1 lemon
3 Tbspn brown sugar
1 Tbspn grated ginger

Heat up wine(don't boil or else alcohol evaporates :p ) , slice lemon, add all ingredients and keep on heat for 10min, serve hot.
I find it a bit spicey but a glass as a 'hot toddy' goes down well.

sounds like alot of ppl was at texas motor speedway this weekend.my bro an nephew went to the race sun.an they also had the pitt row passes an went an looked at the cars an talked to some of the drivers.

hillsdown":1xkz9tva said:
TexasBred":1xkz9tva said:
expensive hobby":1xkz9tva said:

JEALOUS !!!!! At least my man won :banana: :banana: :banana:

That sounds like some serious rheumatoid sippen medicine TB .. :lol2:
HD my wife is a "Smoke" fan too.....I root for his hired hand "Ryan Newman". It was a good race...celebrated with "Apple Pie" in a bottle. ;-)

Sounds yummy. This would make a nice addition to my Christmas baskets.
Any thoughts about replacing the Everclear with Rum, maybe Captain Morgans?

CottageFarm":1v9e32n9 said:
Sounds yummy. This would make a nice addition to my Christmas baskets.
Any thoughts about replacing the Everclear with Rum, maybe Captain Morgans?
Heck if I know CF. Maybe you should make a "small batch" for testing purposes before you give it away. You know....about a gallon only . ;-)

Alison the "apple pie" part comes from the fact that once you swallow it the aftertaste in your mouth is the same as if you just had a big bite of awesome apple pie. Now get cooking. :lol2:

"Hot Apple Pie" is one of my all time favorite drinks...problem is it sneaks up on you :help:
Have found it has great "medicinal" properties good for coughs, soar throat, ear ache, achy joints, slivers and of course hang nails! :drink:

Also enjoy the Gluvine that alisonb mentioned!

Crazy Farmgirl":qlb30lmg said:
"Hot Apple Pie" is one of my all time favorite drinks...problem is it sneaks up on you :help:
Have found it has great "medicinal" properties good for coughs, soar throat, ear ache, achy joints, slivers and of course hang nails! :drink:

Surely you jest....why would good old everclear wanna sneak up on a lady. You can add a little more everclear and it will probably quit sneaking and just whack you between the eyes. :lol2:

TexasBred":t4cje6xi said:
Crazy Farmgirl":t4cje6xi said:

Surely you jest....why would good old everclear wanna sneak up on a lady. You can add a little more everclear and it will probably quit sneaking and just whack you between the eyes. :lol2:

That part comes the next mornin' :shock:

Ah, my favorite shot! The apple pie craze is big here in Wisconsin! I have an awesome recipe, and I got it from one of the bars here in my town.
First of all, you need a huge soup/stock pot.
Bring to a boil the following: 2 gallons of apple juice, 1 gallon of apple cider and 1 1/4 cups of white sugar. After that has come to a boil(it will take quite a while for that to happen) add 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon, boil for 3 minutes. Take off heat and let cool completely-I just covered mine and set it in the garage because it is cold here! After it's completely cool, add 4/5 of a bottle of Everclear. Has to be Everclear because then you won't taste the alcohol. Save the jugs from the apple juice and cider and wash them out. Add 3 cinnamon stick in each jug, then fill them with the apple pie mixture. Store in the fridge! the longer it sits, the better it will be, but it will still be good to drink right away. It makes a huge batch, but it won't last, believe me!

I would dump it. I know that Appl Pie usually has Everclear or some other type of grain alcohol in it which is pretty hefty stuff...but since there's plenty of cider/apple juice in it...I'd just steer clear. There's really not *that much Alcohol in the recipe to keep it from developing bacteria I woudn't think. It's not tha same as a 1 yr old open bottle of vodka sitting on the bar...that would be OK. But better safe than sorry. Maybe give it a smell and maybe a little sip to see what it taste like...if it tastes sour or off in any way, dump it.

Latest posts