ANYTHING FOR SHOWMANSHIP....

Help Support CattleToday:

showdoll

Reaction score
I really would like to beat my rival in showmanship, the thing is he has been showing alot longer than me and he has more cattle smarts, i know the main questions asked(Dam, Sire, Birthdate, Feed, etc), but the more complex stuff is what has been getting me. Like the bodily functions and nutritional stuff. A judge asked me the other day what stomach a cow would bloat in..i had no idea! I know now it is the Ruman, but if you have any ideas on what some judges might ask and the answer to it, please let me know, or even email me at [email protected]!!!

THANX MUCH!!!

Know where all your cuts of meats are. A lot of judges want to know what would you want to change about your calf. Never say nothing and always use correct terminology. How many square inch of rib eye should a finished steer have? 12 inches. Make sure when showing in showmanship make sure you use the entire ring, always move up if the person in front is pulled out, always get out of the judges way so he can see your calf. If you post this question under the show section you will get more answers. Good Luck

For showmanship check out a horse halter class and pay close attention they do it without a show stick. Check out the AQHA showmanship guide or watch a horse showmanship class. Some of the best halter jocks i know have horse showing experience. I know it sound wierd but i think you might really learn alot.
As for reason on an changing an animal use descriptive words ending in er, Like i would like this calf to be deeper, wider, thicker, longer. Know your terminology on structure that all should help.

okay thank you guys and i think i will put this under the show board thing, but he is coming the spring fling...my hometown show....and i WILL NOT lose to him again!!!

Latest posts