Anyone use Spectam Scour-Halt?

Help Support CattleToday:

My calf is bouncing along behind momma , sucking and doing good.

We had scours here for about 10 days and it was terrible. The only thing that slowed it down was human immodium tablets. They are easy to administer and work and cheap if you get the generic ones. I used 2-3 and repeated everytime I saw scours. I also ground up oatmeal in my blender and mixed with warm water and fed to them.

libby

ollie":eow0854v said:
I used this foumula again today. Calf didn't have scours 36 hrs previous. She was so sick she at first wouldn't raise her head. Scours. Drenched her and tonight she was able to stand . Drenched her again and I bet tomorrow I won't do anything else. I have therefore decided to copyright this recipe.It is now called "Love potion number 9" An individual/company/ranch may not use this formula with out the express written consent from the grand Ollie of Cattle Today.

This is the express written permission. Terms of use are as follows.
1. During the administration of this formula the administrator must hummm the chorus of the song "love potion number 9"

2. After full recovery the administrator must say out loud "The Great Ollie is my daddy.

There are no other terms . No compensation required.
You're Welcome
Bumping this post because...
1. It's hysterical
2. I am curious about the homemade electrolyte recipe on the first page. This seems a pretty good alternative, to the four dollars a bag stuff here. Anybody else tried it?

ollie":3510pmks said:
Works good. I have a home made recipe for electrolytes and I put 8 or 10 cc's in the with the electrolyte drench. Never has failed yet. Works better and faster than just a shot of nuflor etc. I also use "spectam" which I think is spectamyacin for pinkeye.
would you be willing swap info i know home made for chikensmakes them bigger , an i now something to get show pigs lean.

Rather amusing to see this post of mine brought up again! :lol: :p

Elaina":b004ez9d said:
ollie":b004ez9d said:
I used this foumula again today. Calf didn't have scours 36 hrs previous. She was so sick she at first wouldn't raise her head. Scours. Drenched her and tonight she was able to stand . Drenched her again and I bet tomorrow I won't do anything else. I have therefore decided to copyright this recipe.It is now called "Love potion number 9" An individual/company/ranch may not use this formula with out the express written consent from the grand Ollie of Cattle Today.

1. During the administration of this formula the administrator must hummm the chorus of the song "love potion number 9"

2. After full recovery the administrator must say out loud "The Great Ollie is my daddy.

You're Welcome
1. It's hysterical
2. I am curious about the homemade electrolyte recipe on the first page. This seems a pretty good alternative, to the four dollars a bag stuff here. Anybody else tried it?

I have used the homeade electrolyte recipe, and I've used the store bought stuff, and in the end I've concluded I like the results I get with the store bought better.

milkmaid":30zbsmlf said:
Rather amusing to see this post of mine brought up again! :lol: :p

Elaina":30zbsmlf said:
ollie":30zbsmlf said:

You're Welcome
1. It's hysterical

I have used the homeade electrolyte recipe, and I've used the store bought stuff, and in the end I've concluded I like the results I get with the store bought better.

LOL, it should tell you how much researching I have done of this board!! I figured that a homemade electrolyte probably couldn't possibly put in all the things that the manufactured did, but I thought I would see what others thought.

I am currently waiting for these temps to DROP!! Hopefully, pray to above, it's supposed to happen tomorrow night. It's 105 here right now, which is insane for here.

Latest posts