anyone ever been on a run away horse?

Help Support CattleToday:

Cypress farm:" 2. Always saddle your own horse. "

You said a moutfull there...dontever let anybody else saddle your horses or handle your guns

tapeworm":3d0bwd0k said:
Cypress farm:" 2. Always saddle your own horse. "

You said a moutfull there...dontever let anybody else saddle your horses or handle your guns

There are ounly two people in the world i would trust to saddle my horse: my mom, who teached me riding, and my very best friend, whom I learned how to ride. I never even check for my cinch if one of them saddled the horse for me ;-)
Thats one of the things our kids learn first: ALWAYS chec you tack yourself! Even if somebody else has been on that horse before you for hours.
One of the trainers around here was riding a horse from one of his customers who has ridden and saddled the horse befor he rode it.
The horse decidet to rear and the saddle simply slid down his back. He did broke his back, will never be able to walk or ride again...

yeah bigest fear is beeing drug off and kicked inthe head, amazing how when young you have no fear, now we think about every thing LOL growen up i rode bare back alot that way if you get "dusted"not as much chance of getting hung up. i have had some thigh huggen moments! i ride mules now cause healing time takes longer! you never hear too many bad storries about a run a way donkey ! LOL they might mossie away with ya LOL i do have a mule that is a little spookie not bad, im the only one who rides her. but she was trated bad before i got her, and she never forgets, but she knows i wont hurt her and she claims right down, but never will be child safe the others are bomb proff.. dont know why when we go riding i always get left with the spookie one oh well .. i just dont fall asleep on her and its all good happy trails..... :cboy: Rose

When I was 14, my friend and I were riding out in her pasture. We were just trotting along when the horse, and I wasn't familiar with riding him, just took off with me in a dead run. I wasn't an experienced rider. I dropped one of the reigns and totally had no control. He ran under some trees. We knew a girl who had her neck broken that way. All I could think of was to get down low with his head and hang on. Finally he come to a stop - in the middle of a junk pile they had in a wash. I lost my glasses, but otherwise I was was unhurt.

Scared the crapola outa me! :eek:

Latest posts