Anybody remember...?

Help Support CattleToday:

branxchar&charx

Reaction score
Anybody remember the old type of format on these boards?
Anybody remember "greenmanure" and "oreganian"?(one in the same i believe),(not trying to start anything either)
Anybody remember the bickering between Angus and Charolais?
Anybody remember Blackpower?

just remembering a few things reading a few of these posts. i have been coming to these boards for a couple years back when the old format was still around. when they started changing how this new style is, i guess you could say i ran away for awhile. but a post of longhorns and easy calving (pretty long i remember) got me coming here more often and i finally taught myself how to use these boards and im still learning. i took quite awhile for me to figure out that if i registered it was a lot easier to see what ive read and havent read thats why i havent been registered for very long. i found this board by accident when i did a search of "breeds of cattle" when i was either 15 or 16.
sorry bout the rambling. just thought how interesting it was how i thought the other format use to be easier.(it now seems more confusing when i think about it)

Never understood the skeptism either. How could anyone of liked the old style better? Didnt anyone notice how the responses would run off the right side of the page, and you had to click back after every response to read the next? This is a whole lot nicer and I am really appreciative of the work Macon puts in. I used to go to another forum alot, Garden web's Farm Forum, but that site justs beats you to death with pop ups and slow loading due to advertising, it has just become unbearable.

Thanks Macon!

Rustler9":6isnj61l said:
I remember Blackpower and his rantings-this was when I just visited and had not signed up. I guess someone had to take his place :)

i guess the game remains the same, just the names and faces have changed... i certainly dont miss any bickering, but what i do miss is the good posters that are no longer around... like the angus guy up in canada... cant remember his handle on these boards though.,. and a few others that you dont hear much from anymore.

jt

I "heard" blackpowder is still on these board using a different name. Any truth to that Caustic?

txshowmom":34l5pbfu said:
I "heard" blackpowder is still on these board using a different name. Any truth to that Caustic?

BP and caustic are no where the same person. BP isn't that good of a cattleman.

Thanks Cert, The question is so out in left field I wasn't even going to reply. If she had paid attention to pics of my cattle she would have known I am a commericial operation not Angus, in Texas.

I remember the old style, I've been gone a long time. The boards weren't real active then and I quit checking in.

The angus guy from Canada, was that Jason Trowbridge?

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":387dmd71 said:
You don't look like a sandhills farmer to me CB. :lol:

If he is, then I want a blood test. See I knew it was HIM that was different, not ME.

Latest posts