anybody making their own biodiesel?

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley":byr49wcm said:
How is that working out if you are?
I put a processor rig together out of 55 gal. steel drums. Got 2 restaurants to give me their oil. The first restaurant went out of business, the other one was giving me more water and gunk than oil, and finally stopped altogether. So my oil sources dried up. I found it to be very time consuming. Interesting experience though. :lol:

VZCR":2ztin3ja said:
KMacGinley":2ztin3ja said:
How is that working out if you are?
I put a processor rig together out of 55 gal. steel drums. Got 2 restaurants to give me their oil. The first restaurant went out of business, the other one was giving me more water and gunk than oil, and finally stopped altogether. So my oil sources dried up. I found it to be very time consuming. Interesting experience though. :lol:

An article in the local paper her tells of someone nearby using grease or oil from the local KFC and / or a few places like that.

Article said he had not bought diesel in a few years.

Bez>

My neighbor runs a Mercedes diesel car on used fry oil. Follow him down the road and it smells like a fast food restaurant. It seems he is always out working with his strainers and such, but if it's free I suppose you can spend some time. It works for him, but if many more folks try to use fry oil the restaurants will stop giving it away.

john250":r3o5rk6a said:
My neighbor runs a Mercedes diesel car on used fry oil. Follow him down the road and it smells like a fast food restaurant. It seems he is always out working with his strainers and such, but if it's free I suppose you can spend some time. It works for him, but if many more folks try to use fry oil the restaurants will stop giving it away.

My brother does the same thing.

Latest posts