How many people here own an LS Tractor?

Help Support CattleToday:

SeidelRanch

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a LS Tractor that I bought in 2016. It was great for the first 50 hours or so then has went downhill to almost useless. What have your experiences with this tractor brand been?

I see a lot of "I love this tractor, I have 10 hours on it." But I rarely see "I still love my LS tractor after 500 hours".

What do you have?

SeidelRanch said:
Hello everyone! I have a LS Tractor that I bought in 2016. It was great for the first 50 hours or so then has went downhill to almost useless. What have your experiences with this tractor brand been?

I see a lot of "I love this tractor, I have 10 hours on it." But I rarely see "I still love my LS tractor after 500 hours".

What do you have?

Read this thread:

https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=118691

sstterry said:

Yeah, saw that. I too was one of the people ignorant enough to buy one and I ended up the same way. I was wondering if anyone here has an LS and what they think of theirs? I am thinking I need to sell mine before it just blows up on me.

I have been taking videos of my issues and putting them on my YouTube channel.

When considering buying off-brand or cheap instead of name brand I'm reminded of two things.

A good friend of mine has a plumbing company, and a few years ago he told me he had bought two large backhoes about the same time; a Case and a Terex. The Terex was about $6,000 cheaper than the Case, but he said it didn't take long to make up the difference in repair bills.

Back in the '80's my father and his hay business partner bought several Deutz tractors. They were good tractors, and held up well, but the brand never really caught on. When getting parts got to be too much trouble I traded in the last two on a used New Holland, and just about gave them away.

I see a few LS tractors around here, but it's mostly the subcompacts. I don't know anyone that has one though. One local guy had a big cab one for a few months and then ran into transmission issues and traded it back in for a Massey.

Brute 23 said:
Worked for a guy who sold Deutz tractors out of Waco. They were nice. I have never seen another dealer other than him in my travels.

Sorry, never heard of LS.

They bought theirs from a guy named Dreher (not sure about the spelling) who had a dealership selling Deutz and Vermeer in Roans Prairie (which is just a wide place in the road between Bryan/College Station and Huntsville). Those air-cooled engines ran forever.

They seem to be gaining market share, in this area anyway. A local dealer sells quite a few of them, but I don't know anyone that owns one.

Chinese companies have really taken hold in powersports. Honda is building more and more in Taiwan, Kymco is building quads for Kawasaki and has their own machines, CFMoto is supplying KTM with engines and also has their own line of quads and side by sides that really give the name brands a run for their money where features and value are concerned.

I'm not all that impressed with the smaller NH/Case tractors myself, but at least if you buy an LS you're getting the same thing without paying for the name.

Atimm693 said:
They seem to be gaining market share, in this area anyway. A local dealer sells quite a few of them, but I don't know anyone that owns one.

Chinese companies have really taken hold in powersports. Honda is building more and more in Taiwan, Kymco is building quads for Kawasaki and has their own machines, CFMoto is supplying KTM with engines and also has their own line of quads and side by sides that really give the name brands a run for their money where features and value are concerned.

I'm not all that impressed with the smaller NH/Case tractors myself, but at least if you buy an LS you're getting the same thing without paying for the name.

Not hardly New Holland has ISM diesels.

Caustic Burno said:
Atimm693 said:

From the interwebs:
LS is associated with Mitsubishi tractors of Japan for technology, and many tractors are based on Mitsubishi designs, as well as use Mitsubishi engines. New Holland Ag also imports LS tractors to resell as LS-New Holland. (They originally had agreements with Fiat, which purchased New Holland. New Holland is a division of CNH Global).

They have several for sale here in our county seat. Not sure if ever sold one, have not seen one in a field. I would figure what i could spend then look for used in that price point. Green,cnh, or kubota.

Silver said:
Caustic Burno said:
Atimm693 said:

From the interwebs:
LS is associated with Mitsubishi tractors of Japan for technology, and many tractors are based on Mitsubishi designs, as well as use Mitsubishi engines. New Holland Ag also imports LS tractors to resell as LS-New Holland. (They originally had agreements with Fiat, which purchased New Holland. New Holland is a division of CNH Global).

Well Yanmir builds John Deere green in tractors as well.
Start looking at the models with ISM or Iveco diesel in NH. I am not brand pimping as they are all foreign made.
Perkins is building ISM and Iveco was a Cummins joint venture. They are not all created equal no matter the paint color.
It's always good to check and see what's under the hood.
I really don't want a Daedong or Yanmir diesel, I have no doubt they are fine engines. They all need parts sooner or later.

http://www.tractordata.com/

I have a 6530 Branson bought new in 2007, Cummins B3.3 Na direct injected 4 cyl. When I needed a new small tractor in 2016 and loader I didn't shop. Just went to the dealer and bought a Branson 2400; Cummins A1100N. Not sorry on either account.

Latest posts