anybody know when backordered vaccines will be available?

Help Support CattleToday:

Have you checked on some of the other Clostridial vaccines like Covexin 8? They include the tetanus toxoid.

Hippie Rancher said:
don't I want the antitoxin? using on banded steers at first handling.

If you want to be absolutely covered against tetanus, they need 2 toxoid shots separated by 30 days before banding. As a substitute, you can give the second toxoid at banding along with antitoxin to provide 10 days coverage while the second toxoid kicks in. I realize this does not work for everyone but it is the proper protocol.

we just started banding a year ago and have been giving a single dose of toxoid at the time but reading further it seems I should be doing the antitoxin (hard to keep them straight, though I know the purpose of each). we are too scattered in timing to get multiple doses of anything done correctly hence the Alpha 7.

either way the antitoxin and the 10 dose alpha 7s are backordered indefinitely from every place I checked and that is what I am trying to find out about.

I bought 20 dose with pinkeye Saturday. It had been delivered Thursday. Toxoid and antitoxin are both available here. Bought antitoxin the week before

Hootowl said:
Hippie Rancher said:
Hootowl said:
I bought 20 dose with pinkeye Saturday. It had been delivered Thursday. Toxoid and antitoxin are both available here. Bought antitoxin the week before

where did you get the antitoxin?
Bought it at the local feed store. TN Coop has it also.
do they mail order? :D

Latest posts