Any experience with these crosses?

Help Support CattleToday:

ppsinoia

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with a black mouth cur x Border Collie or a BMC X heeler cross? Like to know which breed they seemed to favor, and how did they work cattle? If you cross a header breed with a breed that pushes from the rear, do they work either way, or not at all, or does it cause their head to explode. What were they like personality-wise? Also, did they like to fetch?

Thanks.

That's what I had growing up (Cur x Heeler) Lived to be 17, never went to the vet in his life! He would tag along coon hunting, wouldn't tree but helped kill. Would heel horses for dad in round pen on lounge line for hours. The Cur or any hound cross mellows the heeler/collie out some I feel. Buddy had a Blue tick x heeler x aussie great farm dog.

Currently we have a Cur x Catahula x Fiest
He big lap dog, he does fetch. Kids love him. They try to ride him and he tries to roll over em! He has no cattle herding tho, even growing up with a Aussie that does.

We have a Heeler that will drive and also do some heading in the process if need be.
Have 2 grown pups by her and a Border Collie. If they had been worked with they may have made stock dogs, but one doesn't seem to turn on to cattle. The other one is more of a Heeler and pretty rougher at it than his pure Heeler mother.

That's what I had growing up (Cur x Heeler) Lived to be 17, never went to the vet in his life! He would tag along coon hunting, wouldn't tree but helped kill. Would heel horses for dad in round pen on lounge line for hours. The Cur or any hound cross mellows the heeler/collie out some I feel. Buddy had a Blue tick x heeler x aussie great farm dog.

Currently we have a Cur x Catahula x Fiest
He big lap dog, he does fetch. Kids love him. They try to ride him and he tries to roll over em! He has no cattle herding tho, even growing up with a Aussie that does.
Did the cur x heeler ever work cattle? Did he enjoy fetching? Every heeler I've known would fetch a ball or stick until your arm fell off, but I'm not so sure about a cur.

I have a border Collie/Idaho shag cross She is still pretty young but seems to be coming along. She came from a neighbor who has some jam up BC and an Idaho Shag bitch. They work. His Border Collie pack treed a young bear. He took video. The Idaho Shag was about a year old. She was climbing the tree trying to bite the bear. All of his dogs will tree a lion.

Did the cur x heeler ever work cattle? Did he enjoy fetching? Every heeler I've known would fetch a ball or stick until your arm fell off, but I'm not so sure about a cur.
Never fetched, the crazy son of a gun would chase lighting like nobody business tho!

Latest posts