Any Coonhunters Besides Me

Help Support CattleToday:

BamaCowboy

Reaction score
Are there any coonhunters on here? I run Gascon Blueticks , cold nose , bawl mouth. They are big hounds of yestyear. I have hunted this line of hounds for over 20yrs.

I to am a blue dog man, My dog had a lump come on her throat,the vet took a biopsey and it came back cancer.He took the lump out, but she couldn't bark a lick after that. She didn't live long after that. I have a litter of pups now, out of her full brother, which is hammer bred and a jet 7 female. He is no where the dog she was.

Used to. Always enjoyed the sport. My dad was big in it but when the pelts got so cheap he kinda lost interest. This post brings back some fond memories.

Spent most of my youth following the hounds.
As a young boy carrying the coal oil lantern
which makes your shadow look like a monster
is following you. Ha..... Mind of a 6 or 8 year old
boy. Love those memories...
R.T.

Here is Buster , my main hound. Bus is 5yr old , Rambo II Grandson, I have owned him since he was 8 wrks old
IMG_0726.jpg

This is Dixie she is a Reg Bluetick and Reg American Blue Gascon. Dix is 4 1/2 yr old , I can trace back her pedigree 14 generations

IMG_0183.jpg

This a 4 months old pup out of Buster and Dixie , her name is CFC Blue Creek Queen (aka Little Dix)

IMG_1115.jpg

This Blackswamp Misty Blue, she is 8 yr old great coon dog, in the last few years I have placed 5th,1st,2nd with her at American Blue Gascon Hunts
Misty.jpg

This a year old Gascon CFC Blue Rock Colley going to be a fine hound
IMG_1070.jpg

I never got the opportunity to coon hunt. When I was a child my cousins in Oklahoma took me snipe hunting. Thats one hunt I will never forget. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Tom :cboy:

I saw four crossing the road next to the creek when I went to check on the cows this week. I usually only see one's or two's. Don't know if they were just youngsters out playing or not but I always enjoy seeing their antics.

Got so many of them around my farm, that even my wife carries a 20 gauge side by side when she walks the bush - not hard to hit them - they don't move too fast - she and the dogs kill raccoons almost all year long - dogs get the most of them - they kill raccons literally every week.

Raccoon in the yard means fight is on - pretty amazing to see how fast they can take a big one down and tear it up. Just a couple of big mutts that have learned how to tag team and do some damage.

Raccons are bloody vermin. I kill them on site.

No one hunts them in Canada to speak of - I do not even know if we have a "season" - they are a pain in the @ss and do a lot of damage.

Certain times of the year the best way to get them is sit out in the back yard and cook about a pound of bacon - eat the bacon - the smell alone brings them in - almost like baiting bears.

I hear from my wife a city family has moved in about a mile and a half from us and has started feeding the "cute little fellows" - I wonder how long that will last? Fortunately that means it sucks them off our farm and down the road.

Nice looking dogs by the way.

Cheers

Bez+

Used to hunt, wish I still had the energy to work 16 hrs., hunt for 7, and sleep for 1. I hear a lot of guys over 45 who say they can't sleep anyway. Maybe I'll take it back up someday. Used to use walkers but I hated having to have all the electronics to keep up with 'em. I would like to find a good cur that would tree squirrels or 'coon, just in case I get to itchin'.

Latest posts