Another Snow Storm? No April Fool!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Looks like we could be getting another shot at a winter storm- altho again the heaviest is believed will stay south of the Missouri...I was lamenting missing out on the moisture of last weeks storm until I saw a couple of the pictures of the slop and calves Sam posted on his website from Sarpy Creek in the southern part of the state.....
If I had my druthers, I'd druther have a nice warm 3 day rain.....

http://nowherethoughts.net/sarpysam/arc ... 07/03.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GLASGOW HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY
EVENING.

6 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE
ACROSS THE AREA. SNOW WILL
DEVELOP FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE AREA FROM LATE MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH EARLY MONDAY AFTERNOON. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
SNOW TO FALL HEAVILY AT TIMES MONDAY AFTERNOON AND MONDAY EVENING.
THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF FROM WEST TO EAST LATE MONDAY NIGHT.
THERE IS STILL SOME UNCERTAINTY AS TO WHERE THE HEAVIEST BANDS OF
SNOW WILL SET UP...WHICH WILL GREATLY IMPACT LOCAL SNOWFALL
TOTALS. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW...A NORTHEAST WIND OF 15 TO 25
MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF DRIFTING SNOW.

Looks like you folks are in for some weather. Hopefully some good will come out of it.

OT we are getting it here too.10-15 cm of snow overnight and more tomorrow.Low of -15.After the plus 10's-15's we have been having the last few days the cattle are in for a shock.The bad thing is that grass is starting to grow in areas already this is really going to set it back.

hillsdown":2b27s4ve said:
OT we are getting it here too.10-15 cm of snow overnight and more tomorrow.Low of -15.After the plus 10's-15's we have been having the last few days the cattle are in for a shock.The bad thing is that grass is starting to grow in areas already this is really going to set it back.

I wish you'ld keep it up there. There is talk of freezing nights later this week. Wouldn;t be a big deal excpet we've been in the 80's for a couple of weeks. Evverything is growing, the oaks are putting out their first leaves, fruit trees are in bloom. Ah well, Ol Ma Nature has to play her tricks every once in a while.

dun

I'll see what I can do Dun; but mother nature usually ignores me when I talk to her.Kinda like alot of other people.Wait a minute is it me?Am I being ignored........ :p :p

dun":26k3lxly said:
hillsdown":26k3lxly said:

I wish you'ld keep it up there. There is talk of freezing nights later this week. Wouldn;t be a big deal excpet we've been in the 80's for a couple of weeks. Evverything is growing, the oaks are putting out their first leaves, fruit trees are in bloom. Ah well, Ol Ma Nature has to play her tricks every once in a while.

dun

Missouri is too close to Texas for this kind of nonsense. If it gets to you then...Dun, I request that you keep it there...

Alice

We woke upto 12" this morning.

DSC02059.jpg

Cheers,

Bructer--looks like that snow packs alot of moisture...something that is desperately needed here...we also got some snow from the storm the OT is speaking of, but mostly just wind and the snow only added up to less than 3"!! Gonna be a hurtin' summer if we don't get alot more of the wet stuff come spring!!
:shock: :roll:

Latest posts