Another Great show day!

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We had another blessed show day! Last night was the Christian County Fair, located in Ozark, MO. There were just under 70 head of cattle there, and the weather was good; a little warm but not too bad! I am proud to report that my kids did extremely well!
My oldest brought a purebred Simmental heifer, FSSR Grand Grace, a Grandmaster Feb heifer (i have pictured her here before). Not only did she win Champion Simmental female, but went on to win Supreme Champion Female of the fair. She also brought a bull, a 3/4 blood Simmental bull, FSSR Rainin Fire, a Make It Rain October bull calf. He won Champion Crossbred Bull. My daughter was reserve senior showman in showmanship.
My middle daughter showed a percentage heifer, Upgraded Gem, an Upgrade March 3/4 blood. That heifer went on to become Reserve Champion Crossbred Heifer (she was pictured in another thread also). She also showed two bulls; a purebred October bull (one of the red twins I have pictured), FSSR Summer Embers, who not only won Champion Simmental bull, but went on to win Supreme Champion Bull. Her other bull is a November 3/4 blood bull, just weaned and never been to a show, FSSR Fire Force. He went on to win Reserve Champion Crossbred Bull.
My son, just 8, took a heifer and a bull. His heifer won her class (she is a Fat Butt heifer, needs more rib shape), and his bull was the other twin, a red Oct bull, FSSR Summer Fire. He won Reserve Champion Simmental Bull. My son had a smile so big, it was hard to wipe the smile off his face :D
The show was over by 10:30PM, and the little chatter boxes became silent about 20 miles down the road... I guess they fell asleep :clap: It was a LONG, fun, emotional day for them :nod:

Like I said, we were blessed!

Congrats fire.

Inyati, I've often thought showing might suit you. Your not far from the state fair, and the North American.

You know Ron, next year Nationals are in Louisville, KY. You should come out and meet us!!!

Fire Sweep Ranch":3n8t3nf4 said:
You know Ron, next year Nationals are in Louisville, KY. You should come out and meet us!!!

I will be there. That is 2014 right. I would love to meet you and yours.

bigfoot, I have thought the same thing.

Latest posts