Another bull, need input (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

From what is posted, bull no 1 shows a nice flat shoulder, but does he "explode" into a nice full rear quarter? Can't tell. Don't see anything from that angle that eliminates him, but can't say I approve either.
Bull no 2, dips in front of his hips, has a real coarse topline. Doesn't show much rear leg, but can be sooo deceiving in pic. Nice front end. I also would question his rear wheels.
When you're talking about a bull, you really need a side profile & a rear shot.

msscamp":39u4xrfr said:
I don't like the look in his eye. I would pass.

What!! The look in his eye says "young calf". His head shape makes him look formidable is all. He's a good calf. Maybe just a little more spring of rib is all.

1848":uzj2lr4m said:
msscamp":uzj2lr4m said:
I don't like the look in his eye. I would pass.

What!! The look in his eye says "young calf". His head shape makes him look formidable is all. He's a good calf. Maybe just a little more spring of rib is all.

I'm glad you think so, you go buy him. I'll pass.

I thought Tom4018 was the one who was suppossed to be buying here

Please describe your cow base.

As with all bulls, your decision should be based more on what you need than what the bull looks like on his own.

The bulls you've shown us are green, smooth made, appear to be structurally sound, and have some depth of rib. If your cowbase is more continental, growthy, stout, thick, but needs length, quality, and structure these bulls would be a good pick.

If you need to add thickness, rib shape and bone, I think you should keep looking.

Susie David":2ezgk7iq said:
How many did the seller have to get rid of...I really don't think that this was the pick of the pen...right?

These were some of the better looking bulls with the better numbers, that they had.

Here is another pic I found of the second bull:

17052.jpg

His numbers are:
CE I+6
BW I+2.0
WW I+34
YW I+68
CEM I+7
Milk I+16
$EN +10.98

I really like his EPDs; but I look at his picture and I still see a decent Angus who probably was not good enough to leave intact. He even looks a little posti-legged in that shot. I think I could find 50 Angus bulls that are thicker, beefier, straighter topped, and in better condition in a month's time without too much effort. Certainly without leaving Alabama. On the positive side, he should sire feminine daughters and he has good EPDs so if you want to buy him go ahead (you did actually see him in person...I didn't); but I still see him as a middle of the road bull that while NOT a liability still doesn't bring a lot to the table compared to the competition.

Latest posts