Another bull, need input (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Thoughts on this bull for a commercial herd. Like his looks in person.

17.jpg

He's not what I look for in a herd bull . I would pass on him .

Can you get a different picture I can never tell a hole lot from that view alone. Thanks Kaneranch

cypressfarms":3002kut4 said:
msscamp":3002kut4 said:
I don't like the look in his eye. I would pass.

You mean that look that says "If you take one step closer, I will make you jump the guard rail to get out"?

Yeppers, that's the one!

After going back to look at him again I am having second thoughts on him. Also looked at another again. What is thoughts on him, not the best pic.

1705.jpg

Tom I can't see #2.

You know sometimes pictures can be deceiving. Everyone thought that the first pic was a no go, but depending on the angle, light, what he's doing, etc. will all have an affect on the pic. It's always hard to judge from a pic. I like to see em walk around.

tom4018":26f5d50d said:
After going back to look at him again I am having second thoughts on him. Also looked at another again. What is thoughts on him, not the best pic.

1705.jpg

Pass on him too. And I would find a differnt breeder .

No, it isn't the best picture. He seems to be a little light on girth, possibly on flank - with a questionable topline and backside. Could be wrong, though.

Hard to pick a green bull from one angle only. From what I see, I wouldn't get real excited about him.
What are these bulls being offered at $$$ Wise.

la4angus":2qpg8sdo said:
Hard to pick a green bull from one angle only. From what I see, I wouldn't get real excited about him.
What are these bulls being offered at $$$ Wise.

Last pic is a month old. $1500-1800.

tom4018":3ee7jku7 said:

1705.jpg
Tom,-Read my post to you on Ranchers.net today!

DOC HARRIS

He is not a cull; but I wouldn't be taking him to any shows either. As has already been said...not enough down the flank, I don't like his topline forward of his hips (but I can't call him weak topped). This is one I would need to see move to tell what it is I don't like about him. He kinda looks like his hocks turn in towards each other; but that is impossible to say without a rear shot. I might be seeing something in the second pic that is not there (it is an action shot) but take a closer look at his rear wheels when you see him in person. He is in that awkward teen stage where most bulls look bad. I much prefer 2 year old bulls even if I have to pay more. I liked the bull in the first picture better. Neither bull looks as thick as I would ideally like. I am not ready to say buy or don't buy or which bull is better from just those two photos. A rear view shot would help immensely IF you can get it.

Latest posts