Another blinking yellow light

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll say another one.

Driving pipe and t post in hard ground.
Nothing will out perform a threeman crew that knows what their doing with a diesel compressor, air driver, and drill.
Lots ,I mean lots of times I used to just put the truck in low and let it idle along.
The boys kept right up.
Thing is along with going home covered in oil Eve ry day . it will break your body down.

Farm Fence Solutions":2sjuzco4 said:
Nesikep":2sjuzco4 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2sjuzco4 said:
Compared to what?
compared to my income!

No doubt it's efficient, but if it's a piece of equipment that sits around 51 weeks of the year it's not worth it :)

Good thing I'm working more than one week a year!
as a professional fencing contractor with the work to support it, yeah, totally worth it, for a farm or ranch it's pretty unlikely to be affordable.. I'm pretty sure it's in the 6 figures right?

Nesikep":285e7mlf said:
Farm Fence Solutions":285e7mlf said:
Nesikep":285e7mlf said:
compared to my income!

No doubt it's efficient, but if it's a piece of equipment that sits around 51 weeks of the year it's not worth it :)

as a professional fencing contractor with the work to support it, yeah, totally worth it, for a farm or ranch it's pretty unlikely to be affordable.. I'm pretty sure it's in the 6 figures right?

Not even close to 6 figures. About half that. Sold an identical one to the one in the video to a rancher in OK that we'll be delivering along with about 20 miles of fence wire the end of this month. He realizes the benefits of efficiency and quality, and has several years of fencing to get caught up on.
For a 20 cow outfit that doesn't do custom fence work, it wouldn't pay off unless you timed the market and sold at a profit once the fencing was done.

Nesikep":13w3e0u7 said:
OK, in our dollars, with duty, tax, etc it'll probably 6 figures!
Lol. But we could probably get a single lady or two stuffed in the shipment for ya! Getting cheaper all the time!

Farm Fence Solutions":29os4x6u said:
Nesikep":29os4x6u said:
OK, in our dollars, with duty, tax, etc it'll probably 6 figures!
Lol. But we could probably get a single lady or two stuffed in the shipment for ya! Getting cheaper all the time!
One nag, we got a deal!.. sure don't need two of them though :lol: :nod:

True Grit Farms":31427xl6 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":31427xl6 said:
True Grit Farms":31427xl6 said:
I would think you'd have to have a state or government contract to be able to afford to buy a piece of equipment like that.

I've managed to buy three of them without ever doing the first government job. A foot of fence costs what a foot of fence costs. If you can build it better and faster, that equates to a higher profit margin. If you piece a pile of equipment together to do what this one will do, it'd be pretty easy to spend $30-40k more than what this costs.
So man for man you and your crew can build more fence than Fenceman in a day with his out dated equipment?

Wait a dadgum minute. Outdated ?me.?.... when I first met farm he was building fence outta wood....he'll I thought he was Amish for a while.
Just look at his pictures a year later... ;-) :D

Nesikep":1wse2nnn said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1wse2nnn said:
Nesikep":1wse2nnn said:
compared to my income!

Provided the commercial fence builder gets it paid off before it gets worn out..
That's always been my problem.I keep stuff too long and by the time I decide to sell it, it's junk and ready for the scrap yard.

callmefence":2rda55dc said:
True Grit Farms":2rda55dc said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2rda55dc said:
I've managed to buy three of them without ever doing the first government job. A foot of fence costs what a foot of fence costs. If you can build it better and faster, that equates to a higher profit margin. If you piece a pile of equipment together to do what this one will do, it'd be pretty easy to spend $30-40k more than what this costs.
So man for man you and your crew can build more fence than Fenceman in a day with his out dated equipment?

Wait a dadgum minute. Outdated ?me.?.... when I first met farm he was building fence outta wood....he'll I thought he was Amish for a while.

Have used steel for 15 years or so, and still use wood. Really not all that much changed except the price point. I do agree that galvanized pipe is the way forward.

greybeard":3b6f4kvv said:
Nesikep":3b6f4kvv said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3b6f4kvv said:
Provided the commercial fence builder gets it paid off before it gets worn out..
That's always been my problem.I keep stuff too long and by the time I decide to sell it, it's junk and ready for the scrap yard.

The only contractors that think they are unaffordable, are the ones that don't have one.

Farm Fence Solutions":209xccqv said:
callmefence":209xccqv said:
True Grit Farms":209xccqv said:

Have used steel for 15 years or so, and still use wood. Really not all that much changed except the price point. I do agree that galvanized pipe is the way forward.

Okeedoky

Farm Fence Solutions":1vjp9611 said:
callmefence":1vjp9611 said:
True Grit Farms":1vjp9611 said:

I got my azz chewed out but a real high strung fellow for saying pretty much the same dam thing....... just bout a year ago..... :lol2: :lol2:

callmefence":3slnjfcj said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3slnjfcj said:
callmefence":3slnjfcj said:

I got my azz chewed out but a real high strung fellow for saying pretty much the same dam thing....... just bout a year ago..... :lol2: :lol2:

Lol

callmefence":2bf3gask said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2bf3gask said:
callmefence":2bf3gask said:

Lesson learned..... don't poke farm fence to much........summabytch will email you a bill....... :bang: :bang:

callmefence":34m89hmw said:
callmefence":34m89hmw said:
Farm Fence Solutions":34m89hmw said:

Lesson learned..... don't poke farm fence to much........summabytch will email you a bill....... :bang: :bang:
just change your email address :cowboy:

Latest posts