Another blinking yellow light

Help Support CattleToday:

Good thing is, once you hang a toe and get sucked under, it'll rip the controls out of your hands and everything will stop to give you a chance to compose yourself before Donna finds you.
Over the track steel cleats are available for steep or low traction jobs.
I tipped the unroller down in that video. It'll slide on out to accommodate big rolls, and the auger bits pop right off. Has a plate that slides on to keep the wire up and out of the works.

True Grit Farms":30n4shxu said:
I would think you'd have to have a state or government contract to be able to afford to buy a piece of equipment like that.

I've managed to buy three of them without ever doing the first government job. A foot of fence costs what a foot of fence costs. If you can build it better and faster, that equates to a higher profit margin. If you piece a pile of equipment together to do what this one will do, it'd be pretty easy to spend $30-40k more than what this costs.

Farm Fence Solutions":1c8btspr said:
True Grit Farms":1c8btspr said:
I would think you'd have to have a state or government contract to be able to afford to buy a piece of equipment like that.

I've managed to buy three of them without ever doing the first government job. A foot of fence costs what a foot of fence costs. If you can build it better and faster, that equates to a higher profit margin. If you piece a pile of equipment together to do what this one will do, it'd be pretty easy to spend $30-40k more than what this costs.
So man for man you and your crew can build more fence than Fenceman in a day with his out dated equipment?

True Grit Farms":39j5zzuj said:
Farm Fence Solutions":39j5zzuj said:
True Grit Farms":39j5zzuj said:

So man for man you and your crew can build more fence than Fenceman in a day with his out dated equipment?

I outgrew those kinds of games when I was about 7.

Farm Fence Solutions":cdbeqrd9 said:
True Grit Farms":cdbeqrd9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":cdbeqrd9 said:

It's a silly game really.
In the Indiana mud I'm sure we'd sink like a rock.

In my honey comb rock, farm will be busy changing tracks.

Farm Fence Solutions":2irrgjvt said:
True Grit Farms":2irrgjvt said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2irrgjvt said:

No game at all, I feel Fenceman keeps it simple and isn't a salesmen, just a ball buster. I'm shopping for a post pounder in February to drive some 8" to 10" pipe. And I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper for me to buy smaller pipe and a smaller post pounder or use free pipe and buy a big post pounder. I really don't need big pipe but have access to plenty for nothing.

True Grit Farms":3248fc2y said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3248fc2y said:
True Grit Farms":3248fc2y said:

No game at all, I feel Fenceman keeps it simple and isn't a salesmen, just a ball buster. I'm shopping for a post pounder in February to drive some 8" to 10" pipe. And I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper for me to buy smaller pipe and a smaller post pounder or use free pipe and buy a big post pounder. I really don't need big pipe but have access to plenty for nothing.

Well, I feel like I keep it even simpler. I load one machine on a trailer with materials, and off I go. Hit rock? Drill it. Need to weld? No problem. Need to drive posts? Handled. Need to stretch wire? Done. I still get a couple miles a week built, and rarely have any help. If I ever said that Fence's equipment was outdated, it was all in fun. We are friends in real life, ya know? Fence knows what works for him, and I know what works everywhere besides central TX. Lol
Now, if you want opinions on post drivers, just ask, and I'm sure you'll get plenty. I don't have anything against the tools everyone else uses, but my opinion of what is best will certainly differ. I've tried them all, and think I have a good grasp on what will and what won't work for most folks. If you just want a little hand driver, I've got a brand new REDI Classic sitting here that I'll ship to you for $1,250. If you want something bigger, and we have it or can get it, I'm happy to help.

Farm Fence Solutions":1h9uc4av said:
True Grit Farms":1h9uc4av said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1h9uc4av said:

Well, I feel like I keep it even simpler. I load one machine on a trailer with materials, and off I go. Hit rock? Drill it. Need to weld? No problem. Need to drive posts? Handled. Need to stretch wire? Done. I still get a couple miles a week built, and rarely have any help. If I ever said that Fence's equipment was outdated, it was all in fun. We are friends in real life, ya know? Fence knows what works for him, and I know what works everywhere besides central TX. Lol
Now, if you want opinions on post drivers, just ask, and I'm sure you'll get plenty. I don't have anything against the tools everyone else uses, but my opinion of what is best will certainly differ. I've tried them all, and think I have a good grasp on what will and what won't work for most folks. If you just want a little hand driver, I've got a brand new REDI Classic sitting here that I'll ship to you for $1,250. If you want something bigger, and we have it or can get it, I'm happy to help.

Here's what I'm hauling right now.
Jd318. 30,000
Danauser hammer
With grapple and tilt...8,000
Tree shear..................3500
Brush grapple............ 3500
Pallet forks.................700
Hobart145...............1600.00
Home made roller.
All fits on one trailer. Takes seconds to change out.
I can load and unload materials, clear old fence and brush and trees. Unroll and stretch wire. And weld.

When we get in the really bad rock we have to bring in the tractor and belltec,
Or my diesel compressor and pneumatic drill. But we don't travel very far, so it's no big deal. I drive the tractor more often than I trailer it. We also keep a Bosch rotary hammer for the random little hard spot.

By mid week I plan on a welder , torches and sprayer to be mounted on a skid steer mount.

Grit your right I'm no salesman. Wish I was......he// I don't even have business cards. And the signs....farm gave me.

If your gonna use a skid steer I recommend the danuaser without all the extras.

If you're gonna use a tractor. I recommend you talk to farm..... :2cents:

callmefence":25mosh75 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":25mosh75 said:
True Grit Farms":25mosh75 said:

Here's what I'm hauling right now.
Jd318. 30,000
Danauser hammer
With grapple and tilt...8,000
Tree shear..................3500
Brush grapple............ 3500
Pallet forks.................700
Hobart145...............1600.00
Home made roller.
All fits on one trailer. Takes seconds to change out.
I can load and unload materials, clear old fence and brush and trees. Unroll and stretch wire. And weld.

When we get in the really bad rock we have to bring in the tractor and belltec,
Or my diesel compressor and pneumatic drill. But we don't travel very far, so it's no big deal. I drive the tractor more often than I trailer it. We also keep a Bosch rotary hammer for the random little hard spot.

By mid week I plan on a welder , torches and sprayer to be mounted on a skid steer mount.

Grit your right I'm no salesman. Wish I was......he// I don't even have business cards. And the signs....farm gave me.

If your gonna use a skid steer I recommend the danuaser without all the extras.

If you're gonna use a tractor. I recommend you talk to farm..... :2cents:

I've always treated clearing and fencing as two different jobs. I can take out old fence with a tracked driver, and push light brush out with the front blade. A big clearing job, and I'm taking my skid steer for sure. Good thing is, it fits right on with the driver, so no extra trip involved. There's a tool for every job.
We've got them for tractors, excavators, loaders, skid steers, telehandlers, and stand alone track machines.

Latest posts