Annoying Typos

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":z6bcm6hi said:
well yall will see alot of typos with my typing ive forgotten how to spell an it really dont bother me i got my degree from hard knock U ill be in the cattle business till i die scott

A period and a comma would be nice now and then too. Maybe even a capital letter or two in the correct place.

Biggest problem I have is terms I use are not the same to everbody. Case in point - I call anything around here that stores grain a silo. I once posted something to that effect and most everbody else thought I was talking about something to store lots of grain. Most people call what I was refering to a bulk storage bin. I think we get through the language barrier fairly well. "NO"? ( I think I used that right ).

The most important part of this forum is not the grammer, etc. but the thoughts and information and ideas and the fellowship with people of same interests. I really enjoy this forum and do not believe how thoughts are worded, spelled etc. has a thing to do with how smart you are. I was a straight A english student and would use double negatives in daily life.

To waste time on such an issue is a shame. :stop: :x

Just be glad someone put this together for us to be able to come together and associate. :D

susiq":t3tsj7k4 said:
The most important part of this forum is not the grammer, etc. but the thoughts and information and ideas and the fellowship with people of same interests. I really enjoy this forum and do not believe how thoughts are worded, spelled etc. has a thing to do with how smart you are. I was a straight A english student and would use double negatives in daily life.

Just be glad someone put this together for us to be able to come together and associate. :D

You were a straight A English student yet you misspelled grammar.

susiq":2cbwyi7f said:
Thanks Houston. So I misspelled grammer. Did you know what it was?

Really, if you are going to spout off about straight A's. Might ought to be something you are proficient at. Hmmm :?:

Muratic":3p27h4x6 said:
bigbull338":3p27h4x6 said:
well yall will see alot of typos with my typing ive forgotten how to spell an it really dont bother me i got my degree from hard knock U ill be in the cattle business till i die scott

A period and a comma would be nice now and then too. Maybe even a capital letter or two in the correct place.
I know what you mean. It gets really hard to read after a while. Having to add in all the capitals where needed for the post to make sence.

It is a shame you missed the whole point I was trying to make. You got hung up on spelling and straight A's in high school. That was a very long time ago. Sorry I said anything. Won't make that mistake again.

susiq,

I am sure there was a bit of humor behind that post..I saw it also...but with my track record in spelling I would never say anything to anyone. I was always a better editor than originator. I am making note of some critiques 8) in this thread....later I hope to have some fun. :eek: :oops:

I guess knowing how and always doing it are two different things. Thats why I always told my college students... to do as I want not as I say..your grade depends on it. :p

stocky":3cqw2hn1 said:
Perfect grammar is great. Perfect word usage and pronounciation is great. All that said, welcome to the real world. When we go to the cattle auction we hear words like the calf has already been "steered" out. Every area in the country has versions of words or adjectives that are not used in other parts of the country. I haven't read a post here that I couldnt figure out what the writer was talking about. I didn't always hold their point of view, but I knew what they were saying. I am certainly not saying that it isnt commendable to use proper English, just saying that we all use words that may not be familiar in another area but we seem to get our point across and that is the intention. Also, not everyone has had the same amount of education as to the usage of the typewriter keyboard. The computer is difficult to get used to for most of us but the greatest thing about it for me is the backspace button because I sure use it alot to correct my misspellling.

For me it is better to keep my mouth shut and have people think me ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt. lol
Well Put

cowgirl580":fve9xi5r said:
i thought this fit in rather well with this topic. yes, this is the way its supposed to look.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
I feel bad I understood everything you wrote. LOL

susiq":3jo7hhb4 said:

Just out of idle curiosity, if those thoughts, information, ideas and offerings of fellowship are unintelligible, incoherent, unreadable, or not understandable perhaps you could explain to me what good they serve? If your sentences on this forum are any indication of your English usage, I have a hard time believing you achieved a straight A in English.

9 ER":1wsl0qrx said:
I wouldn't let these things bothering y'all to much. Don't you know that most cattlemen only have what is percieved to be a 6th grade education anyway? :lol: They didn't have the educational opportunities that some of us were lucky enough to get. They had to work to help the family. Water had to be fetched, wood had to be cut, cows had to be milked, etc, etc, etc. These folks do more work before 8:00 AM than most of us do all day. They are the backbone of this country and should be respected as such.:cboy:

I resent the h#%% out of that statement, 9 ER. My Dad didn't have the opportunity to get an "education", but he would not be caught dead using improper English. I suspect there are quite a few other people on these boards that share his viewpoints. He always taught me that you only get one chance to make a first impression, and good English is a big part of that. The lack of an opportunity for an education does not mean that a person has to sacrifice the proper use of the English language.

That's elitism to think that you are better at grammer and spelling than anyone else is. How dare anyone think that just because they can spell or speak better than the next person that they should bring up this kind of thing. Do you like embarrising the other people on this board because they can't spell correctly? Who cares! Do they have good advice? Do they get thier point across? It's embarrising to to read the original post. Most of the people on this board would probably love to have had a better education. It's not thier fault that other things in thier life happened that guided them from getting a proper education. Shame on you.

Dick

P.S.-{[(< I DIDN'T PREVIEW THIS-}])>

maybe this is a good place to insert some words from a song the garden party... cant remember who sang it..

you cant please everyone, so you got to please yourself..

hopefully this thread has run its course.

jt

jt":3ggtu6op said:
maybe this is a good place to insert some words from a song the garden party... cant remember who sang it..

you cant please everyone, so you got to please yourself..

hopefully this thread has run its course.

jt

Ricky Nelson

Salicylic":wodbpp6t said:
Ricky Nelson

yep... that's it..thanks

kept wanting to say rick, just couldnt get the last name out.

every now and then i have a memory chip misalignment in my brain. :lol:

jt

Latest posts