Angus - WAR Alliance 9126 6006

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty good cattle, more power than the Alliance cattle. Females are broody,roomy and have some power.

Sons are decent, like any Alliance animal most suffer back wheel structure. Jury is out on the udders, Bando 598 generally hasn't done anyone any favors with udders.

I saw him in person within the last few months. He is huge, big gutted and has questionable feet. I had one calf out of him and he was a super performance bull, but looked extremely ugly then I saw War Alliance and now I understand why my calf looked the way he did!

BA, when you say long back feet, are you referring to his hooves not wearing off the way they are supposed to?
I've seen cows that had problems in their feet or legs where they walked on the back of their feet and the toes were long, dry and knarled looking.
One thing that I have noticed about 9126, is that his back legs are very straight. His pasterns are really straight too. It looks as if he would wear the front of his hooves off first. But I guess walking on his toes for an extended period of time could make him try to compensate and use the back of his feet. (Like a person with a limp, they take the shock on the other leg, and soon it gives in too) I wondered if that had any health effects on him. His pasterns on the front look a little less straight, but still should have more flex. It just follows down from his straight shoulder.
I like the muscling on the bull, but would like his hip to be longer.
It is odd how the longer you look at something, it changes.
Chuckie.

They were the long knarled looking feet. He is getting up in years, but just had a poor look to him. Big boned and all kinds of capacity, but not a lot of muscle. Again, He is old and maybe just showing his age, but he wasn't impressive.

They were the long knarled looking feet. He is getting up in years, but just had a poor look to him. Big boned and all kinds of capacity, but not a lot of muscle. Again, He is old and maybe just showing his age, but he wasn't impressive.

we have had very good results using WAR Alliance on smaller framed cows. if he was used on a large framed cow, you might bet a FS 8 bull.

his calves are well muscled, and deep. our customers like them and they sell very well.

Latest posts