Angus show sire

Help Support CattleToday:

bubchub

Reaction score
I am looking for an Angus bull to breed to this heifer
reg #: 15461743
K B LADY DOC ENT 642

She is smaller framed so i need a tall, large framed bull that is very cleaned fronted.Any suggestions?

a semen guy just suggestedd Sankys lazer, a son of lutton, that was grand champion at denver
semen is no longer available on lutton since he is dead

and he also suggested G 13 stucture

I was also going to recommend Northern Improvement. Another good angus sire is Freds Northern Gun. He is obviously a Northern Improvment son...but a good one at that.

With her breeding, I do not think that the Northern Improvement blood will be big enough.
You may consider BT Crossover and Bando 1961 (both are 7 frame and have raised some powerful show heifers). I assume that she came from Kieth Bell and Les Jones. If this is correct I'd higly reccomend calling Les and talking with him. I do know that he knows the pedigree of your heifer. Les will be glad to help you make choices based on her looks and pedigree. PM me and i'll send you a phone number if you dont know how to get ahold of Les.

My apologies, I did not mean to leave out Structure. He is a good large frame option also. That is if she has good neck extension. Some can be a little short necked.

I talked to the guy and bovine elite and he highly recommended structure for my heifer...i know les personally and my sister is at his house all the time i just havent gotten around to talking to him yet...

Let us know what you end up deciding on. By all means please post a picture of her also. I did not pay attention to her age. Does she have one more year of showing or is she retired?

Latest posts