Angus A.I. Bulls- Opinions

Help Support CattleToday:

J.R.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has any thoughts on the following set of angus A.I. bulls.
1) Boyd on Target
2) SAV Traveler 8180 004
3) TC Freedom 104
4) wcc Precision E161 J239

Anybody seen their calves or has anybody used them?

TC Freedom has been a high seller around here the past 6 months or more. wide hipped, nice and thick, good bone, and nice footed, attractive pattern from day 1, but if you are looking for showy theyre a bit thick and short in the neck.

oh, i'd like to hear opinions on FA R Kruggerand also if anyone has seen calves from him, etc.

The Freedom are decent cattle, lots of performance, pretty good muscle. SHEATH- watch the sheath.

How many of you guys would have a bull walking in your pasture that has a sheath like Freedom does? I would bet very little but everyone wants a tight sheath....why even debate a son out of a bull with a dirty sheath.

410H calves are long bodied, lacking hearth girth, tubular made. Use him on very moderate, deep stout cows, he will up the frame. Little to houndy for my liking.

One of the top selling bulls at Denver was a Freedom son from Ascent Angus. Nice looking bull. $23,500

We had two freedom heifers, really impressive thickness, bone and growth, not bad pattern, birthweights were relatively light, high 70s

Thanks everybody. Ya'lls comments on Freedom are right in line with what I've heard from other people around home. I plan on using him on some cows that could be considered just average relatively flat made. Hopefully Freedom will add some shape and power back into the calves.

I bred a son of Freedom to 25 heifers. The calves look great. (I am very pleased with them.) Thick, heavy boned, and stylish. The bull calves look like bulls and the females look like females. Plan on breeding him to 40 or so head next year.

IMHO.

I have a few local 4-H kids that are using TC Freedom on there calves and I have seen the calves. Very thick, and had a lot of length of skeleton. Really good cattle. :cboy:

TC Freedom: I have seen about 20 of his sons and they are stout easy keeping and very well mannered. Pretty much does every thing right but the sheath thing. It just depends on the cow that you use him on. They will tend to not be the prettiest fronted Angus you will see.

Boyd on Target: Don't know much but have heard they are good but need to watch the attitude thing.

Precision E161: Pretty much breeds like a precision= a little bit more than inconsistant.

Latest posts